[15.3] Resource settings doesn't change with presets.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bartekltg
Inserter
Inserter

[15.3] Resource settings doesn't change with presets.

Post by bartekltg »

play->new game-> create a world (rail word + changes in "recipes/technology" to expensive and x2).
Quit the world and go to map generator again.

It looks like "resource settings" tab remembers settings from previously created world and does not change when one choose another preset in "basic settings".
The tab worked as intended during creation of the first world.
The "advanced settings" works correctly in both cases.

bartekltg
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [15.3] Resource settings doesn't change with presets.

Post by bartekltg »

More testing:
To create first map I didn't touch any preset (so it was default) and make random changes on "Resource settings".
Created map, quit, started to create second map:
Now under the all but one presets there are my 'random' resource settings.
Under "rail world" frequencies/sizes works correctly (all to very low/low and big), "enemy bases" size and "richness" still remembers previous world.

Oh, and button "reset" seems to restore everything correctly.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

related: if you then manually change a setting back to its default, then the preset will say (custom) next to it, as if you had changed something to non-default.

bartekltg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bartekltg »

sparr wrote:related: if you then manually change a setting back to its default, then the preset will say (custom) next to it, as if you had changed something to non-default.
This one may be intended. It is easier to change a flag 'modified' if user touch anything and change it back after he hit 'reset' or choose another preset,
than to check after each settings' modification if current config is exactly like the preset.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is intentional - when you change some setting it remembers it until you exit the game or click the "reset" button in the GUI.

It allows much faster modification of the settings between generating the map when you want to generate a series of maps while tweaking 1 value at a time.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bartekltg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bartekltg »

Rseding91 wrote:This is intentional - when you change some setting it remembers it until you exit the game or click the "reset" button in the GUI.

It allows much faster modification of the settings between generating the map when you want to generate a series of maps while tweaking 1 value at a time.
Keeping settings between map creations - yes, this is great idea.
The problem(?) is that I can click another preset and the setting would not be reset ("custom default" in first map, then changed to, for example, "marathon", look at my second post). Or choose different preset (setting changes...), then another (and now settings from previous map are back).
What is more strange, this behavior is inconsistent: "richness" is reset after new preset is choose and wont get back, but frequency is not.
I'm pretty sure at least some parts of this behavior are not intentional ;-)
Last edited by bartekltg on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I do hope this gets a second look despite being relegated to the 'wont fix' forum :(

bartekltg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bartekltg »

sparr wrote:I do hope this gets a second look despite being relegated to the 'wont fix' forum :(
Worse, "not a bug" ;-)

Maybe try to check it yourself and describe the problem (here) with you own words.
Probably I described it not clearly enough:(

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the reports,

This behavior is somewhat inconsistent, and it is expected that when a new preset is chosen, the resource settings should always be set to that preset, regardless of any previous settings, or any previous state or actions.
One expects that if I click 'dangerous' then all settings will be set correctly to the 'dangerous' preset

So I will move this back to bug reports

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Klonan wrote:Thanks for the reports,

This behavior is somewhat inconsistent, and it is expected that when a new preset is chosen, the resource settings should always be set to that preset, regardless of any previous settings, or any previous state or actions.
One expects that if I click 'dangerous' then all settings will be set correctly to the 'dangerous' preset

So I will move this back to bug reports
Ok, I've changed it to reset to default + apply what ever preset is selected when the preset selection is changed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks guys I also was getting annoyed with this I just spammed reset over and over hehe.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”