I made a video about infinite uranium 235

Post about Let's plays and streams.
person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

I made a video about infinite uranium 235

Post by person3triple0 »

https://youtu.be/d_3P9chNA6A

Here's a link to a video I just posted about Uranium and the Kovarex processing recipe and how to create infinite U-235!

~Adorin (aka person3000 and person3triple0)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I made a video about infinite uranium 235

Post by impetus maximus »

very cleaver. i had to slow your video down to 75%.
i'm old :geek:
BTW, you don't need the constant combinator. you can set stack size with the inserter itself.
Adorin.improved.III.png
Adorin.improved.III.png (275.25 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
[edit] new blueprint. the U-238 belt was jamming. :oops:
[edit2] removed super speed module (creative mode mod item) from blueprint
blueprint string
it would really help folks if you show the inserter settings and not jump around so much.
perhaps just instruct how to set everything up first, then go into how & why it works. ;)

very good job though! i spent many hours today trying to get a sytem down with memory cells, S-R latches etc.
Last edited by impetus maximus on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Post by person3triple0 »

Thanks! I didn't realize it was so fast, but I did rush a little at the end. I'll post another video tonight checking out your version, see if I can scale it.

(I completely forgot I could just post a blueprint string, lmao.)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

person3triple0 wrote:Thanks! I didn't realize it was so fast, but I did rush a little at the end. I'll post another video tonight checking out your version, see if I can scale it.

(I completely forgot I could just post a blueprint string, lmao.)
no problem. doing instructional videos can be tough.
just remember to use the spioiler= tag for blueprint strings.

i tried to make a modular system with your setup, where the excess would go into the next machine.
the inserter condition of 235U =1 keeps the next machines from starting. i'll probably just use chest and connect the output to a programmable speaker
with the option 'show alert' when 235U get's above 35ish so i can jump start a a new centrifuge.
then when production is enough i'll just start shipping the 235U on trains.

again. good job on a clever 0 combinator build. :)

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Post by person3triple0 »

i tried to make a modular system with your setup, where the excess would go into the next machine.
I think the problem there is that what you need is essentially a closed loop of 40 U-235 for each machine. Once your machine fills the second with its 40, it'll just continue putting more into that one instead of putting it on a belt?
Maybe you could set up a thing where once the second is full, the first switches inserters?

Lemme try that

for now, for all you watching this conversation, here's my original blueprint
original blueprint

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Post by person3triple0 »

Here's a new video where I'm essentially just rambling. https://youtu.be/Tl_U7aBM89Q

I couldn't really get anywhere with it. Maybe someone else will come along.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

not sure how to tackle the chain/tile idea. sorry bout the super speed modules.
they are from creative mode mode (+250% speed each) i use to speed up testing of layouts. i updated my string.

thanks for the shout out. 8-)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

a few suggestions, and questions about your video...

i wish you used my 238U belt management. unless you like the bots going in circles triangles. :P
wondering why you have the 238U loading from the belt and into the 235U output chest?
why not use a normal, or fast inserter if you're going to limit the stack size to 1 anyway?
taking from a belt, fast inserters are faster than stack inserters. machine to chest or vice versa stacks are faster.

also i don't see the need to daisy chain these anymore. i have 4 reactors, 48 heat exchangers, 76 turbines, and 24 steam engines
running at 100% load (463MW :shock:) and one centrifuge running your setup, with no modules is more than enough to keep the 4 reactors fed.

cheers

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Post by person3triple0 »

impetus maximus wrote:i wish you used my 238U belt management. unless you like the bots going in circles triangles. :P
I was only using the bots because it was a one time loop.
If I had this in a full factory, that belt would just carry on down the line and probably get put into some train that redelivers it to some trash pile of unwanted uranium.
impetus maximus wrote:wondering why you have the 238U loading from the belt and into the 235U output chest?
why not use a normal, or fast inserter if you're going to limit the stack size to 1 anyway?
taking from a belt, fast inserters are faster than stack inserters. machine to chest or vice versa stacks are faster.
I did that out of habit. I've been working with a logistics system lately and some of my machines, I have the inserters set up so they only take stuff out of the chest if there are a certain number in there already.
For example, my Blue circuit factory in my one playthrough. The inserter only takes circuits out if there's 100 inside, and puts them into the logistics system.
That makes it so that if I need some on the fly, I can just run over and click the chest instead of having to wait for them to be made and brought to me.

And again, out of habit. I didn't really want to have a big mix of inserters being used.
In your model, you had normal, stack, filter, and fast all together. If I'm trying to build a whole bunch of these, I'd much rather just have the two stack inserter types than 4 types. It's twice the number of inserters to carry.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

right on. backpack space is nice to have. ;)

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

It's pretty fun to mess around with these new centrifuges. I came up with a very similar design and am now using 7 centrifuges on the kovarex process. 2300 U-235 and counting :)

http://imgur.com/a/3JzdD

I need to clean the whole thing up now that I have a logistic network I can probably lose a lot of the belts, but the setup works nicely.

sam1986
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sam1986 »

I am not sure if someone did the same design, but this is the design I came up with. I apologize if it's similar to someone else's, I really have not looked at the forum (or redit) before making this one.

Only thing you need to do is manually feed the first 40 Uranium-235 then they will be in a closed feedback loop. also make sure that the Uranium-238 is being fed to the inner side of the belt.
Kovarex Enrichment Process
of course, this can be copied many times inside the belt loop like so
Attachments
Sample
Sample
Kovarex.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 6760 times

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

the stack size options are making more non combinator creations possible.
a two chest layout. i like it! well done.

Return to “Videos”