[MOD 0.14.22] Free Real Estate (Factorissimo replacement)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.14.22] Free Real Estate (Factorissimo replacement)

Post by Sirenfal »

Released, see new thread here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=42286
Last edited by Sirenfal on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Eliont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.22] Free Real Estate (Factorissimo replacement)

Post by Eliont »

Thanks, look interesting.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well, it does run faster, albeit at a cost of not doing things as faithfully.

And it is not very intuitive to use. I liked factorissimo entering mechanic more, and that refresh button sucks, it'd be better if changes were updated at the moment you change settings of the particular relay.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Eliont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eliont »

Well, looks not bad and especially renaming ability was very useful, but entering and refreshing must be automated.

Good luck with further development.

Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sirenfal »

Refreshing isn't automated because it's possible for relays to not be empty. Changing a relay type would mean deleting items or fluids, so the button is there to give you a warning before accidentally deleting items.

As for the entrance, it's a personal choice and I may add an option for it, but I don't feel like refactoring that at the moment, so at least for now that'll stay how it is. I hated accidentally entering Factorissimo buildings.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Sirenfal wrote:Refreshing isn't automated because it's possible for relays to not be empty. Changing a relay type would mean deleting items or fluids, so the button is there to give you a warning before accidentally deleting items.
So, don't delete them, spill them\place in additional chest somewhere, or make a gui for setting up particular relay, and give warning in that gui.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sirenfal »

Updated OP to 1.0.1 which should resolve two bugs reported on GitHub
Adil wrote:
Sirenfal wrote:Refreshing isn't automated because it's possible for relays to not be empty. Changing a relay type would mean deleting items or fluids, so the button is there to give you a warning before accidentally deleting items.
So, don't delete them, spill them\place in additional chest somewhere, or make a gui for setting up particular relay, and give warning in that gui.
The GUI system in this game is unmanageable enough to suck any fun out of programming for me, and I think that's even more clunky than what's already there now anyway. I don't think the refresh button is going to change.

Liquids can't be spilled.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Sirenfal wrote:Updated OP to 1.0.1 which should resolve two bugs reported on GitHub
Adil wrote:
The GUI system in this game is unmanageable enough to suck any fun out of programming for me, and I think that's even more clunky than what's already there now anyway. I don't think the refresh button is going to change.

Liquids can't be spilled.
hello man!!! you very good mod in create!!!
;) and can be done so that would have been an icon in the building on top of what is produced inside??

Loader work??
а) it would be convenient if it was possible to connect to the building of the logistic network of the type of reception and bestowal.

а можно сделать так что бы была иконка в здании сверху что производится внутри??
было бы удобно если можно было подключить к зданию логистические сундуки типа прием и отдача.
Attachments
2017-02-22_23-24-48.jpg
2017-02-22_23-24-48.jpg (235.54 KiB) Viewed 8367 times

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

Hi,
is it possible to make the input and output chests work with loaders?
loader.JPG
loader.JPG (33.11 KiB) Viewed 8360 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Brathahn wrote:Hi,
is it possible to make the input and output chests work with loaders?
loader.JPG
I wrote above :) by the way I have updated graphics Add loaders

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

Somehow when i posted mine there was no picture in your post? Whatever i found the solution to make loaders work: :D

just add "player-creation" in the flags of the entity of the input and output chest.
--> prototypes/relays/items.lua
--> flags = {"not-blueprintable", "not-deconstructable", "player-creation"},

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Brathahn wrote:Somehow when i posted mine there was no picture in your post? Whatever i found the solution to make loaders work: :D

just add "player-creation" in the flags of the entity of the input and output chest.
--> prototypes/relays/items.lua
--> flags = {"not-blueprintable", "not-deconstructable", "player-creation"},
not understand you

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

I also found a bug: when the input or output chest is full the chests stop to transfer items even if the output chest is empty again.
so i took a look in your code and found this:
-->factory/input_relays/items.lua

Code: Select all

-- if all stack slots are consumed (fastest way to check)
	if(not self.input.can_insert('fre_factory_transit') or not self.output.can_insert('fre_factory_transit')) then
		return
	end
i commented it out for the lulz and it seems to work fine now. Maybe sirenfal can explain what this is supposed to do?
I think some sort of anti lag protection for full chests?

Sorry to dissect your mod like that..
Anyways, great job on the mod! :D

Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sirenfal »

New download here: https://github.com/sirenfal-factorio/Fr ... _1.0.2.zip

Airat9000 wrote:hello man!!! you very good mod in create!!!
;) and can be done so that would have been an icon in the building on top of what is produced inside??

Loader work??
а) it would be convenient if it was possible to connect to the building of the logistic network of the type of reception and bestowal.

а можно сделать так что бы была иконка в здании сверху что производится внутри??
было бы удобно если можно было подключить к зданию логистические сундуки типа прием и отдача.
Loaders are fixed in 1.0.2 (thanks Brathahn!). I may add both of the features you requested in a future release, but at least for now I won't have the free time to do it for awhile. In the meantime this is why factories can be renamed, so I suggest using that!
Brathahn wrote:I also found a bug: when the input or output chest is full the chests stop to transfer items even if the output chest is empty again.

if(not self.input.can_insert('fre_factory_transit') or not self.output.can_insert('fre_factory_transit')) then
		return
	end
i commented it out for the lulz and it seems to work fine now. Maybe sirenfal can explain what this is supposed to do?

It shouldn't be checking the input chest, I'm not sure why I did that. I fixed this in 1.0.2, thanks for your help. Saved me time debugging, you got the right issue :D

I'd appreciate any input you have on the recipes for the factory. I'd like to make a more complicated production chain eventually as a precursor to making other factory sizes, and I'm not sure if these are expensive enough considering what they do. I'm happy some people like it :P

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Sirenfal wrote:New download here: https://github.com/sirenfal-factorio/Fr ... _1.0.2.zip

Airat9000 wrote:hello man!!! you very good mod in create!!!

Loader work??

Loaders are fixed in 1.0.2 (thanks Brathahn!). I may add both of the features you requested in a future release, but at least for now I won't have the free time to do it for awhile. In the meantime this is why factories can be renamed, so I suggest using that!
Brathahn wrote:I also found a bug: when the input or output chest is full the chests stop to transfer items even if the output chest is empty again.

return
	end

It shouldn't be checking the input chest, I'm not sure why I did that. I fixed this in 1.0.2, thanks for your help. Saved me time debugging, you got the right issue :D

I'd appreciate any input you have on the recipes for the factory. I'd like to make a more complicated production chain eventually as a precursor to making other factory sizes, and I'm not sure if these are expensive enough considering what they do. I'm happy some people like it :P
it would be good to make icons, when you press the ALT key (when you can see what resource in the building). That was easier to navigate easier.

б) And the idea on account of the complexity of the recipe you 2-3 choices to make.. to Make a recipe for the regular version using a lot of boards..
Or Bob and the angels mods - with more complicated recipes.

хорошо бы сделать иконки, когда нажимаешь кнопку ALT (когда видно какой ресурс в здании). Что было удобнее ориентироваться легче.

б) А идея по-счет сложности рецепта, можно 2-3 вариантах сделать.. Сделать рецепт для обычной версии используя много плат..
Или боб и ангелс моды - с ними еще сложнее рецепты.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

and icons
example
what's on the inside, the product is manufactured
ALT button
Attachments
2017-02-23_12-57-28.jpg
2017-02-23_12-57-28.jpg (199.49 KiB) Viewed 8312 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

by the way I had an idea. And can be done instead of the normal chest in the logistics chest

кстати появилась идея. А можно сделать вместо нормального chest в логистические chest

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

Thanks for the quick fix.
Unfortunately there is another bug.
This time with the electric network:
When you place a Factory Building in the blue electric field of a pole so that just the lower tiles are affected, the factory will still show the "not conneted" sign. There is also a size difference in the symbols.
fre1.JPG
fre1.JPG (45.44 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
fre2.JPG
fre2.JPG (48.93 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
I think there is some kind of ghost building inside the factory building with wrong dimensions. Another hint for that is the small teal cross in the middle of the building thats showing when hovering a power pole over it.
fre3.JPG
fre3.JPG (33.23 KiB) Viewed 8283 times

Sirenfal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sirenfal »

Brathahn wrote:Thanks for the quick fix.
When you place a Factory Building in the blue electric field of a pole so that just the lower tiles are affected, the factory will still show the "not conneted" sign. There is also a size difference in the symbols.

I think there is some kind of ghost building inside the factory building with wrong dimensions. Another hint for that is the small teal cross in the middle of the building thats showing when hovering a power pole over it.
This should be fixed too now. I updated the same URL as before (1.0.2). Thanks for the report <3

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Sirenfal wrote:
Brathahn wrote:Thanks for the quick fix.

This should be fixed too now. I updated the same URL as before (1.0.2). Thanks for the report <3
idea in logistic chest varian in power?

Return to “Mods”