Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.10.0

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the experimental version 0.10.0 is here

Edit:

The release is now available for direct download at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Beware of the trailer mod:

The trailer mod changes the game properties significantly. If you have it enabled it can cause some very strange behavior in your existing games (different recipes, different consumptions, different speeds of vehicles, etc.). Use it only to preview the trailer scenario!
  • Features:
    • Environment sounds. Active machines close to the player create a small factory orchestra.
    • Proper volume settings for master volume / effects volume / etc.
    • Map generation string - stores seed and settings for sharing map conditions.
    • Clipboard copy & paste (useful for map generation string, updater username, updater password).
    • Station names can be changed in the train stop gui.
    • Burner inserter will use item with fuel value for itself when it has empty inventory.
    • Logistic and Construction robots slowdown to 20% of regular speed when out of energy (instead of dying).
    • Flying text indication for items collected while placing a building (for instance a rotated transport belt).
    • Cargo wagon can have filters in the inventory.
    • Blueprints copy circuit network connections.
    • Updater can now detect some problems caused by firewalls.
  • Graphics:
    • Dust effects when building is placed.
    • Added new doodads for dead desert (dead trees, dead trunks, stones, grey grass, etc.)
    • Different inserter hand drawing logic (now including hand shadows).
    • New icons (circuits, steel, copper plate, inserters, etc.)
    • Puff of smoke when locomotive stops.
    • New steam engine graphics.
    • New radar graphics.
  • Gui:
    • Proper research unit tooltip in the laboratory gui.
    • Save game gui tweaks (Enter key in text field saves game, text field starts with focus)
    • Scenario message dialog resizes when the image is too big.
    • Whole language name in locale dropdown.
    • Slots with filter have a blue background (both in quickbar and in cargo wagon).
    • Highlighted item in inventory (when hovering over corresponding recipe) is blinking.
    • More polished loading screen.
  • Sound:
    • Working sounds for most of the machines (inserters, assemblers, furnaces, steam engines, labs, etc.).
    • Sound effects for car and trains.
  • Changes:
    • Disabled loading of saves before 0.6.0 version (You can use 0.6.4 to load any old saves and re-save them).
    • Miners in blueprint are ignored when no resource present, instead of blocking the whole blueprint.
    • Changed stack sizes of items to be 10 based, so it fits the inserter/requester count values.
    • Smoother car acceleration and braking.
    • Changed walls/pipes/pipes to ground/boilers/pumps collision boxes logic. It is possible to walk between diagonal (not connected) walls now, but when connected, there is no space inbetween.
    • Backer names are used for Locomotives, Roboports and Radadars.
  • Optimisations:
    • Parallelised map generation, the hiccups when new part of map is generated should be smaller or non-existent.
    • Reduced the saving time (autosave included).
    • One very long path search will not block path finder for others. This should fix a bug with stuck biters.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed that inserters had switched the closed/open hand pictures.
    • Load game dialog scrolls to the selected item (that can be off screen).
    • When there are more items than 4 in the entity info (i.e. smart inserter filters), the first 4 are shown.
    • Limited (and sorted) the amount of items in the finished game gui.
    • Fixed crash when using fish capsule in the god mode.
    • Prevent negative overflow when mining resources.
    • Unused pipe connections (in chemical plant, assembler) are passive (they don't connect with other pipes).
    • Fixed crash: "Can't insert to this EnergySource"
    • Fixed unloadable save with train in station with no stations left in schedule.
    • Fixed that radars could explore the same chunk when their progress ended in the same moment.
    • Solved that items on ground in the way of electric poles were lost when building by dragging.
    • Fixed bug with hovering in the map editor over assembler gui output.
    • Game won't crash when the modlist.json is corrupted.
    • Fixed bug when effect from beacon was applied twice after load.
    • Fixed crash when previewing a technology with "give-item" modifier.
    • Inserter's logistic condition is copied when building inserter from blueprints.
    • Fix of the window hanging out of the screen at start.
    • Fixed the crash when a blueprint is moved to the quickbar with filter for blueprint selected.
    • Fixed the inserter not working properly when loading a train wagon on junction.
    • Fixed crash in the beta level 4 when player dies.
    • Fixed typo in beta level 4 when explaining oil industry.
    • Fixed wrong connection of newly built train wagon to train in some cases.
    • Fixed that some of the capsules couldn't be fired repeatedly by holding the button.
    • Fixed that player wasn't notified about items collected from belts when rebuilding them with different direction.
    • Fixed crash when loading save where entity with electric energy source has been removed because same mods are not installed.
    • Fixed problems with unicode characters in the path when updating.
    • Game doesn't crash when no scenario is selected in custom scenarios screen.
    • Corrupted saves don't crash the game to desktop, just give an error message.
  • Scripting:
    • API to take game screenshots.
    • Simple API to write to disk (makefile, removepath).
    • Added trailer mod (data/trailer), that contains map and logic for new Factorio trailer.
    • Added set/get/clear filter methods to access inserter filters
    • Added set/get/clear requestslot to access requester chest requests.
    • Added set/get/clear methods for circuit conditions.
    • Changed the game.disableminimap to read/write value of player.minimapenabled.
    • Added lua interfaces to force to get/set modifiers
    • Expanded connetneighbour-method
    • Removed the crash when die/destroy is called on the dying entity in the onentitydied hook.
Obtainable by the automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases.
Since sunday it will be also donwloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.10.0

Post by BurnHard »

Outstanding feature changes!

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

kovarex wrote: [*]Simple API to write to disk (makefile, removepath).
EEEEEP! This is SCARY AS HELL!

No way I'm EVER going to download mods again if mods can remove random files from my hdd. Surely this has some strong restrictions on what can be removed, right? Where's the documentation?

Edit: it seems there are restrictions of some kind. It's still scary, though.
Edit 2: reverse engineered it, seems to use boost's filesystem library to form a canonical path for the validation, dealing with ".." issues in a known good way. Maybe it's safe after all.
Last edited by muzzy on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

This thread describes the new modding stuff:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =25&t=4109

Trucario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trucario »

[*]Whole language name in locale dropdown.
[/b]

This corrupted the languages and now, you cant select any language, if you do that you will get the english.
And you didnt updated the Languages yet, please update the spanish one from github :(

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

Absolutely fantastic stuff guys. Well done.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Is this a bug or did you nerf piercing shotgun shells? They do 6 base dmg and fire a single bullet every time I pull the trigger, making shotgun essentially useless.

LordXaosa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LordXaosa »

roman566 wrote:Is this a bug or did you nerf piercing shotgun shells? They do 6 base dmg and fire a single bullet every time I pull the trigger, making shotgun essentially useless.
Also don't like new stack sizes... Now need MOAR chests =(

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

LordXaosa wrote:
roman566 wrote:Is this a bug or did you nerf piercing shotgun shells? They do 6 base dmg and fire a single bullet every time I pull the trigger, making shotgun essentially useless.
Also don't like new stack sizes... Now need MOAR chests =(
i think so too

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

muzzy wrote:
kovarex wrote: [*]Simple API to write to disk (makefile, removepath).
EEEEEP! This is SCARY AS HELL!

No way I'm EVER going to download mods again if mods can remove random files from my hdd. Surely this has some strong restrictions on what can be removed, right? Where's the documentation?

Edit: it seems there are restrictions of some kind. It's still scary, though.
Edit 2: reverse engineered it, seems to use boost's filesystem library to form a canonical path for the validation, dealing with ".." issues in a known good way. Maybe it's safe after all.
Yes, it is designed to be safe, but it needs to be rechecked for corner cases, like created shortcut files etc.

Prezombie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Prezombie »

Inserter/requester count values should have been changed to match the x^2 stack sizes, not the other way around.

Mainly because it leaves the game open to make "doubled stack sizes" to be a viable tech upgrade.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

It seems to be the same with normal shells as well. I really hope it's a bug, otherwise they have SERIOUSLY nerfed shotguns.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

FishSandwich wrote:
It seems to be the same with normal shells as well. I really hope it's a bug, otherwise they have SERIOUSLY nerfed shotguns.
If it shoots just one, it is a bug, we did some changes in the triggers logic, probably messed that up.

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

kovarex wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
If it shoots just one, it is a bug, we did some changes in the triggers logic, probably messed that up.
One shot only...
Guess it's a bug then. I was really afraid that shotguns were nerfed.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

kovarex wrote:
  • Scripting:
    • Added trailer mod (data/trailer), that contains map and logic for new Factorio trailer.
I don't see it, where is it ?

Gauntletwizard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gauntletwizard »

kovarex wrote:
muzzy wrote:Edit 2: reverse engineered it, seems to use boost's filesystem library to form a canonical path for the validation, dealing with ".." issues in a known good way. Maybe it's safe after all.
Yes, it is designed to be safe, but it needs to be rechecked for corner cases, like created shortcut files etc.
If I've got some time this weekend, I'll write an 'evil' mod to unit-test it.

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maysjw »

kovarex wrote:Hello, the experimental version 0.10.0 is here
  • Fix of the window hanging out of the screen at start.
This still isn't fixed with multiple monitor setup.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

maysjw wrote:This still isn't fixed with multiple monitor setup.
Let me guess: You use windows and your primary screen is not the first one and both (or more) do not have the same resolution?

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maysjw »

drs9999 wrote:
maysjw wrote:This still isn't fixed with multiple monitor setup.
Let me guess: You use windows and your primary screen is not the first one and both (or more) do not have the same resolution?
Windows is my OS, yes. The primary screen is the first one and they are both the same size monitor and the same resolution. Who on earth uses 2 different size monitors and resolutions.. I'm OCD and that will send me running into the hills.

Just to be clear, both monitors are the same make/model/size as well.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Lucky me that I just guessed and did not bet ;)
In that case I would suggest to create a bug-report, preferable with some screenshots

P.S.: I am using 2 different monitors with 2 different resolutions :D

Return to “Releases”