Multiple Problems with game on steam.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
matrixkid29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiple Problems with game on steam.

Post by matrixkid29 »

So for the past few months the game has always gotten stuck (via steam) whenever its tried to update, verify game files, deleting local content, along with the other things i've done trying to get the game to budge. It has remained stuck on the updating queue as well thus stopping other games from updating behind it up until a couple days ago.

Now when i try to start it it gives me the error "there is no package core in C: Program Files x86/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data"

i still cannot delete the game via steam nor verify game files. it will just get stuck on said statuses in steam.

I think i done goofed on multiple levels and i have no idea where or how to start fixing these problems.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiple Problems with game on steam.

Post by Nexela »

Open up the properties for factorio in steam and make sure beta's is turned off, and click on delete local content. Then reinstall factorio

Also make sure steam is up to date, I tend to notice issues if steam hasn't been restarted recently

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

First of all, restart the machine and steam and try to verify the game cache now, it can take a long time. If it gets stuck trying to update then deactivate updates in steam for now.

matrixkid29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrixkid29 »

At the advice of the helpful posts so far, I have opted out of beta and tried to delete local content. after an hour of being stuck on "deleting" factorio, I restarted my pc and tried verifying my files. I was stuck on that for about a half hour then decided to try deleting the game again. It froze steam up and eventually gave me an error saying along the lines of "steam client bootstrap not responding"

I cant seem to delete, verify, download, or update the game. any other ideas?

thanks for all your responses and help.

dadymax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dadymax »

matrixkid29 wrote:At the advice of the helpful posts so far, I have opted out of beta and tried to delete local content. after an hour of being stuck on "deleting" factorio, I restarted my pc and tried verifying my files. I was stuck on that for about a half hour then decided to try deleting the game again. It froze steam up and eventually gave me an error saying along the lines of "steam client bootstrap not responding"

I cant seem to delete, verify, download, or update the game. any other ideas?

thanks for all your responses and help.
Just in case: check HDD for errors by standart windows chkdsk.

matrixkid29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrixkid29 »

Went to command prompt and preformed a chkdsk as advised. restarted and steped away from computer. By the time i got back everything looked normal so i assume it went smoothly. Tried again to delete local content. Its still stuck on deleting an hour later.

Return to “Technical Help”