Can't log in to factorio?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
crazykid33
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't log in to factorio?

Post by crazykid33 »

I forgot my password for my factorio account so I can not install mods or play multiplayer. Am I just basically screwed now? There does not seem to be a forgot password button or anything.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't log in to factorio?

Post by daniel34 »

crazykid33 wrote:There does not seem to be a forgot password button or anything.
The login page on the website has a forgot password button:
factorio-login.png
factorio-login.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
If it doesn't display/work for you for some reason, here's a direct link: https://www.factorio.com/request-password-reset
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

crazykid33
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazykid33 »

daniel34 wrote:
crazykid33 wrote:There does not seem to be a forgot password button or anything.
The login page on the website has a forgot password button:
factorio-login.png
If it doesn't display/work for you for some reason, here's a direct link: https://www.factorio.com/request-password-reset
I tried resetting it but for some reason factorio keeps giving me the incorrect login error.

crazykid33
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazykid33 »

Now for some reason my gmail wont match with my account. Yet I signed up with the email back in April.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

crazykid33 wrote:Now for some reason my gmail wont match with my account. Yet I signed up with the email back in April.
Are you sure you're trying the correct email address? If you have a second address try that one, it can't hurt. (Gmail should still have the email from when you signed up archived.)

If that doesn't help then write to support@factorio.com and include all the relevant data you remember (email, username, SteamID if connected to Steam account,...)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Technical Help”