Misunderstandood with logic system and circuit system

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Aeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Misunderstandood with logic system and circuit system

Post by Aeden »

Hi (again lol)

I'm about to handle the logistic system. I don't understand the circuit system and why we have 2 wire colors or what's use for ... So some questions for you please :p I have read about logistic system and circuit system the wiki, thread on forum and even try to understand an Irish on youtube during 25 episodes ( **** accent ! Gosh !) ! HELP !! lol

Do requester chests get filled only with the item needed by the assembler / furnace etc ? Any filter have to be apply or it be filed automatically ? Because sometimes it works and doesn't work for me lol.
An other question about the smart inserter, i have 2 GUI : Circuit and logistic. Can you explain me please what i have to set and where ? I mean what's the difference if to set or the other ?

For example : I have my coal for my furnace and 2 roboports for each one, logistic robots.
I have to place a active provider chest with the smart inserter and wires (red or green ? what's matter ?) to collect the coal and a requester chest with smart inserter, wires (red or green ?) to the furnace. Should i apply filter with quantity to the smart inserter ?

Than bots fill my requester chest automatically to the furnace and also any storage chest ?

I'm sorry but i have difficulty to understand thoses systems lol.

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Misunderstandood with logic system and circuit system

Post by Teurlinx »

You don't need any wires for the logistics network. The logistics network cares about items in provider chests covered by roboports (orange area)

Try this:

Use passive provider chests in the area close to the roboports for output chests. Then add requester chests where needed, also in the orange cover radius. Then open the requester chest and click in one of the empty sections under 'Logistics'. Select an item for the chest to request. Then select the item again and use the slider to adjust the amount. (right clicking an item will remove the request selection). Provided you have logistics bots things should start to move right now.

N.B. You probably want to be using passive provider chests for factory outputs, not active ones. Contents of active chests will be moved to storage chests. Trust me, this can mess things up down the line :lol:

As for the circuit network (the one with the red and green wires). This works on the smart inserter and smart chest+
Basically you attach a wire to an electric pole and then to the inserter / chest.

A simple example: a factory output that would eject its goods in a shared chest. Here simply restricting the chest with the X is not practical. What you can do is use wires to hook both the smart inserter putting goods in the chest to an electric pole. Now you can tell the smart inserter to only work when it sees <100 of the relevant item in the chest.

The green / red distinction gets useful in more complicated setups.
Last edited by Teurlinx on Sun May 11, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aeden »

Ahhh !! I was thinking (ok i stop try to think ...) when u place the chest it's automatic !

What's the difference on the circuit system between the red or the green wire ? :twisted:

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

See my post, I edited it in :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Aeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aeden »

Already read :)

Thanks for you helps guys. Got it now. It was so messy, bots was flying every where to product nothing lol
I'm lucky to speak english i'm not sure a new player get it without that :p

Return to “Gameplay Help”