Restarting on a Freeplay Map?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
UberJumper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Restarting on a Freeplay Map?

Post by UberJumper »

I have a really interesting almost island (2 entrances) freeplay map that i unfortunately never made a save when i first started. It is a really awesome map, and i was wondering if its possible to restart using the same map?

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Restarting on a Freeplay Map?

Post by GewaltSam »

Do you have an autosave maybe?

If you have no form of savegame from that map, then i think that one is lost :( Next update brings the option to get a seed from the map you are playing (more or less a long number with which you can recreate the exact same map on your or another computer) if i remember correctly.

UberJumper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UberJumper »

I have an autosave, but nothing near when i started the map. I spent a good ~8 hours on the game, then i thought i paused the game (but apparently i did not), then i came back to my computer ~12 hours later only to find myself dead and everything i built in shambles. The autosave is not far before i end up dead.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

Can't you simply restart in the menu? Or does that create a completely new map?

EDIT: Oh well, I just tried, and it doesn't seem to work :(
Well, maybe there is a possibility to do it, but i don't know it then. Like I said, it should be possible for sure after one of the next patches, but I know that this doesn't help you right now :( sorry pal. Maybe someone else can help you!

On the other hand: If you can't play your old map, never mind. Start a new one. You will find a new good map easily, and often times, it's good to try something new.

Elfface
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elfface »

I remember seeing something about getting the seed out of your save file and turning it into a scenario... a bit hackish, but it's there, maybe.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think it will be soon possible to get the hash from a map. V0.10 will definitely have that. Save the save, and I would mean with v0.10 it will be possible to share the map-hash. Some weeks, I think this is a compromise.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”