Recipe for tier 3 modules

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Recipe for tier 3 modules

Post by tralala »

Is it intentional that the recipe for the productivity module 3 requires 5 lvl 2 modules whereas for speed and efficiency modules 3 only 4 lvl 2 modules are required? Seems a strange discontinuity.

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Recipe for tier 3 modules

Post by tralala »

Does nobody know? Is it an oversight? Or what's the reasoning behind this difference?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

I don't know for sure, but it could have been intended to counter the fact that productivity modules (essentially) give you items for free. by essentially I mean that it's not usually very difficult to have enough power to pay for them and if you have the power then you can have laser turrets to defend against biters so even the pollution cost is basically nothing...of course it could have been a typo.

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

FreeER wrote:I don't know for sure, but it could have been intended to counter the fact that productivity modules (essentially) give you items for free. by essentially I mean that it's not usually very difficult to have enough power to pay for them and if you have the power then you can have laser turrets to defend against biters so even the pollution cost is basically nothing...of course it could have been a typo.
Well I wonder because for lvl 2 modules you need 4 lvl 1 modules for all three types (speed, effectivity, productivity) but for lvl 3 you need 4 lvl 2 modules for speed and effectivity but 5 for productivity. If one really values productivity modules higher than the other two types it should reflect in the recipe for lvl 2 prod modules as well I think.

The way it is now is strangely inconsistent.

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

I bet it's either a typo, or the devs really liked the idea of requiring 1000 productivity 1 modules for the Rocket defense.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Hmm it could be that FreeER is right and that the value was based off the potential of productivity modules. Which might have been a 'pre-nerf' factor. Maybe it should be re-examined given that the productivity modules were nerfed and that now that cost might be a bit too high.

Return to “Gameplay Help”