[0.14.8] --start-server-load-scenario [BUG]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.8] --start-server-load-scenario [BUG]

Post by studmuffin »

0.14.7 experimental just released, and included a new commandline option "--start-server-load-scenario". However... I can't seem to get it to find my scenario. I tried just the scenario folder name, and the full path of the folder. Anyone have any idea's? or a dev to shine light on it?
2.286 The scenario does not contain control.lua. Loading freeplay scripts.
edit: Bug still exists in 0.14.8
Last edited by studmuffin on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 14.7 --start-server-load-scenario

Post by studmuffin »

Further tests, I still can't get it to load a specified scenario. It will automatically load the freeplay scenario. But I can put the scenario I want inside the free play folder, and trick it into using my custom scenario... So there's that.

Game save files act funny though. it autosaves fine, but doesn't seem to save when I "ctrl+c" the server.

Mirclus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mirclus »

I got it to work:
  1. Copy the challenge from ./data/base/scenarios/team-production-0.3.10 to ./scenarios/team-production-0.3.10
  2. Start the server with ./bin/x64/factorio --start-server-load-scenario team-production-0.3.10
Tested with Win64 and Linux headless.

studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by studmuffin »

Ah, the scenario goes in the config directory. Tested and that works on my windows system.

Factorio Program exectuing from E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Factorio\bin\x64
Server files loading from C:\Users\StreamSRV\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\servertest
Scenario loading from C:\Users\StreamSRV\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\servertest\scenarios\

Thank you sir! I shall test this more and see how the save files work.

studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by studmuffin »

RIOT! Kidding. But I've done more testing and the command isn't behaving properly.

if I only do --start-server-load-scenario SCENARIONAME, it wont start because it doesn't have a map to use. Makes sense.

--start-server FILE --start-server-load-scenario SCENARIONAME it will load the save i specify (must be full path), but it does not load the scenario into the server. When I close the server, it will save in the saves folder, but still no scenario.

--start-server-load-latest --start-server-load-scenario SCENARIONAME it seems to load the latest save file in the configured server/saves folder (like it should), but does not notify it did so. The Scenario DOES start, and autosaves add the scenario to the save file. But when I close the server (ctrl+c) it says it's saving to SteamApps\common\Factorio\bin\x64 (which fails)
134.082 Info MainLoop.cpp:199: Saving map as E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Factorio\bin\x64
So it half works...I can start scenario's from the command line into any map I want (only tested new non-played maps. I'm sure switch from vanilla to a scenario might break something depending on when the scenario is doing. No so important to test yet, but also not something that I expect to be accounted for in the --server-start-load-scenario command, ever) But closing the server has a bug which doesn't save the file properly.

Can a dev check this? definitely a bug.

studmuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.7] --start-server-load-scenario [BUG]

Post by studmuffin »

This bug persists in 14.8 Changing title

edit: found the bug forum. Posted there.

Return to “Technical Help”