[MOD 0.14.x][v0.1.0] VW Transporter - NEW: Cargo Van

Post by Teralink »

Image Image ImageImage
Name: VW Transporter
Version 0.1.0
Requires Factorio 0.14.x
License: MIT
Get it on the mod portal

Drive a cool van that looks like the Volkswagen Transporter. Choose between Classic and Ice Cream style, try the eco-friendly Electric van or go crazy and deliver your goods with the new Cargo van. Before building one of the cars, be sure to research the appropriate technology. All vans feature an equipment grid.

I hope you like it! :)
PICTURES
HOW TO USE THE ELECTRIC VAN
CHANGELOG
Last edited by Teralink on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 21 times in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] VW Transporter

Post by steinio »

Fantastic...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Just about to set off to see if I can sell ice cream to the biters. I'll let you know how I get aarrrrggghhh *om nom nom*
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

This would be fun to shoot ice cones at the biters.

Is the van the preparation for the protest camps? ;)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23619

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

What about a school bus? Inspired by Scavenger Faction for Warzone 2100: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... 0SchoolBus

You can see some school busses and fire engines near middle of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JTnWGH01k

Also, a flamethrower tractor as seen near very end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-HVr12pE0
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

> built camper van
> went camping
> was attacked by bugs
> maybe they want ice creams?
> built ice cream van
> tried giving bugs ice creams
> was attacked by bugs
> maybe if I dress up as a goat?
> forgot to pack goat costume recipe when I set off for Nauvis :(

Any chance of a goat costume vehicle? Bonus points for bleeting sound effects. Also, no headlights, that would alert the bugs to the fact that I'm not a real goat.

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

steinio wrote:Fantastic...
This would be fun to shoot ice cones at the biters.
Is the van the preparation for the protest camps? ;)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23619
Thanks! haha, who know's? ;-)
aubergine18 wrote:Just about to set off to see if I can sell ice cream to the biters. I'll let you know how I get aarrrrggghhh *om nom nom*
aubergine18 wrote:What about a school bus? Inspired by Scavenger Faction for Warzone 2100: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... 0SchoolBus
You can see some school busses and fire engines near middle of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JTnWGH01k
Also, a flamethrower tractor as seen near very end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-HVr12pE0
aubergine18 wrote:> built camper van
> went camping
> was attacked by bugs
> maybe they want ice creams?
> built ice cream van
> tried giving bugs ice creams
> was attacked by bugs
> maybe if I dress up as a goat?
> forgot to pack goat costume recipe when I set off for Nauvis :(

Any chance of a goat costume vehicle? Bonus points for bleeting sound effects. Also, no headlights, that would alert the bugs to the fact that I'm not a real goat.
Hmm, maybe the bugs don't like ice cream. But how could they like goats? They would attack our badly costumed van without any qualms. :shock:
I like the school bus idea. But isn't this van way too small to act as a school bus?

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x][v0.0.8] VW Transporter - NEW: Electric Van

Post by Teralink »

New Update 0.0.8: This mod has no more dependencies. So now you don't need other mods to play this mod.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

We ran with the previous version no problem but now after updating our MP server crashes on boot with this message

Code: Select all

17.277 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:88: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the on_configuration_changed: Error while running event on_research_finished (ID 18)
__MAIN-DyTech-Dynamics__/control.lua:110: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__vwtransporter__/control.lua:24: in function <__vwtransporter__/control.lua:18>"
  17.277 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
  17.277 Error Main.cpp:457: Couldn't load the game for MP: Error while running the on_configuration_changed: Error while running event on_research_finished (ID 18)
__MAIN-DyTech-Dynamics__/control.lua:110: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__vwtransporter__/control.lua:24: in function <__vwtransporter__/control.lua:18>
I checked back and 0.0.7 doesn't have the control.lua so it must be something in the new version.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

That error looks more like DyTech is assuming a property always exists, but one of the vans isn't using that property. So it's more a DyTech issue than a VW Transporter issue?

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

aubergine18 wrote:That error looks more like DyTech is assuming a property always exists, but one of the vans isn't using that property. So it's more a DyTech issue than a VW Transporter issue?
I do not know but it would not greatly surprise me. We've raised a number of things in the thread for the unoffical dytech update but haven't seen the author respond yet.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

New vehicle idea:

Diesel and electric versions. Key features:

* Epic at bulldozing trees (maybe add in code like this)
* Could also be used to bulldoze biter nests?
* Large cargo capacity - can be used to make manual deliveries to outposts

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aubergine18 wrote:New vehicle idea:

I would love this without the snow plow and empty loading area.
I'm using the mod Truck but it's to small for a truck in relation to the car.

And what about a trailer.

Now i will start to huild my parking space for all the cars and tanks from other mods.
May train depot would also need a lot of space thanks to Yuoki.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

Ratzap wrote:
aubergine18 wrote:That error looks more like DyTech is assuming a property always exists, but one of the vans isn't using that property. So it's more a DyTech issue than a VW Transporter issue?
I do not know but it would not greatly surprise me. We've raised a number of things in the thread for the unoffical dytech update but haven't seen the author respond yet.
Which property is it exactly? Maybe I can work around this and force the remaining van to use that property.
steinio wrote:
aubergine18 wrote:New vehicle idea:

I would love this without the snow plow and empty loading area.
I'm using the mod Truck but it's to small for a truck in relation to the car.

And what about a trailer.

Now i will start to huild my parking space for all the cars and tanks from other mods.
May train depot would also need a lot of space thanks to Yuoki.

Greetings steinio
Oh hey, nice idea! I agree that there should be a vehicle with more cargo space and enough power to take care of trees and biters. I will work on some kind of cargo van for the next update.

At the moment my parking areas look like this :D
parking areas
A trailer would be fantastic! But I have no idea on how to do that.. :?

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Teralink wrote:
Ratzap wrote:
Which property is it exactly? Maybe I can work around this and force the remaining van to use that property.
The log section I posted is all I have I'm afraid.

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

Ratzap wrote:The log section I posted is all I have I'm afraid.
Okay, can you tell me a bit about your setup, please? I want to reproduce the error so I can work on it.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

It's a headless windows hosted by PingPerfect. Beta update to 0.14.7 and running these mods (initially, then updated regularly)

The update to vwtransport was done along with new versions of the electric vehicles and charging mods (those were all that changed) and it wouldn't restart afterwards, that message was in the current log. To get the server back up ASAP we removed vwtransport and it started. Pity as the textures are very nicely done and who doesn't want to run over aliens in an icecream van but we needed to get the save going again.

Teralink
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teralink »

Ratzap wrote:It's a headless windows hosted by PingPerfect. Beta update to 0.14.7 and running these mods (initially, then updated regularly)
modlist
The update to vwtransport was done along with new versions of the electric vehicles and charging mods (those were all that changed) and it wouldn't restart afterwards, that message was in the current log. To get the server back up ASAP we removed vwtransport and it started. Pity as the textures are very nicely done and who doesn't want to run over aliens in an icecream van but we needed to get the save going again.
Thanks Ratzap, with your information I was able to recreate your setup and to reproduce the bug. I did my best on creating a fix for it. You can download the prerelease of version 0.0.9 here: https://we.tl/qB3DxSjO5k

Please test it out and tell me, if it works for you! If so, I will release the update on the mod portal.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Teralink wrote:
Thanks Ratzap, with your information I was able to recreate your setup and to reproduce the bug. I did my best on creating a fix for it. You can download the prerelease of version 0.0.9 here: https://we.tl/qB3DxSjO5k

Please test it out and tell me, if it works for you! If so, I will release the update on the mod portal.
Cheers, I'll drop it back in tomorrow when no-one is playing and get back to you.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I put it back in and the game started but when connecting to the hosted game it just stuck at a black screen instead of catching up. I tried to get in twice but the same thing each time. I couldn't mess around much to try things out as it's an 85MB map download each time and testing eats time when people might want to play.
I removed vwtransporter again and got straight in. I have no idea what was going on or why.

I loaded the same game (one of my local autosaves) with vwtransporter 0.0.9 and got in no problem. I'm pretty stumped, I can try again sometime this week maybe.

Return to “Mods”