[MOD 0.10.3] Reygan's Assembly Mod v1.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

[MOD 0.10.3] Reygan's Assembly Mod v1.0

Post by Reygan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:02 pm

I have merged several mods, which a long time outdated, but yet interesting. Also there are some of my own stuff.
Features
Changes
Market
Shots
Of course, all rights on content of mods using there belongs their respective owners ;)
Download
Last edited by Reygan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am, edited 23 times in total.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by FreeER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:20 pm

A couple things:
  1. It's generally considered polite to ask permission before using/changing things from other people, and while I can't speak for the others you took content from I didn't receive notification at all (though I wouldn't have, and still don't, have any problems with you using mine), just a tip/suggestion.
  2. There is a 'bug' with the cloning mod retaining inventories of modular armor (the remains.insert only inserts an empty armor piece, unfortunately you can't get the contents of modular armor, yet...so there is no 'fix' that I know of), still it should probably be listed on the page (both yours and mine)...
  3. DNA, I am in the process of changing this to a liquid so when it is updated your creep spawner would no longer work (assuming you didn't retain the old/current version).
  4. Stone age, hm, without extra content to extend it, I just find the stone age fairly boring. Hope to see you do something to fix that :D
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 pm

FreeER wrote:A couple things:
  1. It's generally considered polite to ask permission before using/changing things from other people, and while I can't speak for the others you took content from I didn't receive notification at all (though I wouldn't have, and still don't, have any problems with you using mine), just a tip/suggestion.
  2. There is a 'bug' with the cloning mod retaining inventories of modular armor (the remains.insert only inserts an empty armor piece, unfortunately you can't get the contents of modular armor, yet...so there is no 'fix' that I know of), still it should probably be listed on the page (both yours and mine)...
  3. DNA, I am in the process of changing this to a liquid so when it is updated your creep spawner would no longer work (assuming you didn't retain the old/current version).
  4. Stone age, hm, without extra content to extend it, I just find the stone age fairly boring. Hope to see you do something to fix that :D
  1. Of course, i understood. I expected such reaction. Only i can say for excuse, that i posted detailed links to original author's threads and descriptions for content i have used/changed. May be i shouldnt post my mod and use it just myself and with friends. But i decided to try to post and look, what will say others.
  2. I know thad bug. As you said, there is no way to fix it now. I tried some methods, but still not find the way to bypass that. No other way to manipulate items but using .insert method.
  3. I have such idea for dna as liquid. But if you already working on it, i just change my recipes and/or using methods in game process. Then it will be different mod. But if you will give me agree... :)
  4. "Stone age" is joke actually. In the beginning I just want to use icon of stone axe in basemod icons directory. But many stuff in the early stages of game process is pretty useless later! Burner inserters, burner drills for example, stone furnaces. Also fist two types of splitter. There is no way to utilize that. For one stuff i have changed vanilla recipes. For other stuff - market.
In future I will add more other stuff about that. If just other authors will not ask to delete that thread :)
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by FreeER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 pm

  1. I'd recommend PMing or posting in the threads asking for permission rather than simply posting and seeing, it's mostly just courtesy but it eliminates the chance of having posted it and then finding that someone wants you to remove their mod. I doubt most people will mind too much (especially since you did give links to the original content).
  2. yeah...but not really a big issue here since it only happens after you've died (and thus your armor should really have been destroyed by biters....)
  3. I've mostly got it, but the graphics for a couple mods that use it look horrible so I haven't released it yet.
  4. of course :), The idea of a Stone Age isn't to use those items later, it's to make the initial Stone Age last a lot longer than it currently does (force electricity higher up the tech tree, and add weaker burner versions of some electric items etc., somehow introduce a way to literally make the first copper wire by hand, stuff like that). Of course, adding some 'biter hunting' with 'stone age' weapons would make it fairly fun...hm, there's an idea, biter traps...which give food (for health regen) and perhaps some dna in item form that can be converted to the new liquid using the collector or actually just raw food which can be turned into dna or cooked for health regen...well, I think I've gone off topic for this item so :)

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by slay_mithos » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:23 pm

If you are changing some vanilla recipes, I would advise testing it with dytech too, because that mod makes quite a lot of changes (stone gear for a lot of low tier stuff, for example), and you might want your mod to be compatible with the other "big" mods too.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by drs9999 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 pm

This is just disrespectful!
Reygan wrote:I have merged several mods, which not updating a long time, but yet interesting.
Seriously!?! While I am writing this Factorio 0.8.8 is still the stable release, so each mod you copied is up to date as well. They might have some bugs but that does not mean anything at all.

And that you did not ask for permission (at least not FreeEr and me) and "expect such reaction" makes it even worse...

For me it is needless to say, but just in case that you cannot read between the lines:
I do not want my mod being part of "your" mod

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 pm

FreeER wrote:
  1. I'd recommend PMing or posting in the threads asking for permission rather than simply posting and seeing, it's mostly just courtesy but it eliminates the chance of having posted it and then finding that someone wants you to remove their mod. I doubt most people will mind too much (especially since you did give links to the original content).
  2. yeah...but not really a big issue here since it only happens after you've died (and thus your armor should really have been destroyed by biters....)
  3. I've mostly got it, but the graphics for a couple mods that use it look horrible so I haven't released it yet.
  4. of course :), The idea of a Stone Age isn't to use those items later, it's to make the initial Stone Age last a lot longer than it currently does (force electricity higher up the tech tree, and add weaker burner versions of some electric items etc., somehow introduce a way to literally make the first copper wire by hand, stuff like that). Of course, adding some 'biter hunting' with 'stone age' weapons would make it fairly fun...hm, there's an idea, biter traps...which give food (for health regen) and perhaps some dna in item form that can be converted to the new liquid using the collector...well, I think I've gone off topic for this item so :)
  1. As i said. I expected, that somebody will mind too much :) Assembly of other authors mods is certainly bad idea. For that authors. But I want to make assembly of that mods indeed. Ok i am agree, i rushed a bit. Any way, I can any time close or delete that thread. Who cares. May be nobody will disagree? :)
  2. Then ok about it. Any way, with autosaves, cloning is not very important feature. Only if find some use of vanilla respawner. But i think it is overpowered in any case. And how to control player port by lua?
  3. I can try to help you with graphics :)
  4. Hm good idea indeed. But that biter creatures seems to be strong enough. I think such stone weaponry will help only on low evolution factor. Because medium biter already bigger then character. Even more so how big shoud be trap for big biter.
Last edited by Reygan on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 pm

drs9999 wrote: ...
I do not want my mod being part of "your" mod
Considered. Your content was deleted. I bring you my excuses.

Can be any way how i can use your mod content? Or cooperation in that way between us?
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:21 pm

slay_mithos wrote:If you are changing some vanilla recipes, I would advise testing it with dytech too, because that mod makes quite a lot of changes (stone gear for a lot of low tier stuff, for example), and you might want your mod to be compatible with the other "big" mods too.
It was not tested for compatiblity with dytech for now. And most likely it is incompatible. I can make it turn off my recipes if dytech detected. Because i m not like at all changes that dytech does.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 10470
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by ssilk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Two words as moderator:

1. Reagan, a good tip: I you want something from drs9999, then make conversation via PM. Or chat. Or Skype. Or ... It's not interesting for the public and much more useful.

2. @Drs9999, to help Reagan a little (I think he is very inexperienced yet): he excused, nothing is broken, and I think everybody has a second chance. :)

Just my 2 cents.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

User avatar
Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Dysoch » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:06 am

Reygan wrote:
slay_mithos wrote:If you are changing some vanilla recipes, I would advise testing it with dytech too, because that mod makes quite a lot of changes (stone gear for a lot of low tier stuff, for example), and you might want your mod to be compatible with the other "big" mods too.
It was not tested for compatiblity with dytech for now. And most likely it is incompatible. I can make it turn off my recipes if dytech detected. Because i m not like at all changes that dytech does.
dont let your personal feeling that you dont like what dytech does, affect it for those that do like it. send me a pm, and i would be willing to help you make ours compatible. Some people will want both mods, and i strongly disagree about shutting your mod down when my mod is detected. You can create a different set of recipes for it, and set it to only load when dytech is detected.

as for using other peoples stuff, ALWAYS ASK!!!!!!!!!!!! even with just graphics. send a pm to the person, and wait for a response. if you dont get one, DONT use it till you get an answer.
Image

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 am

ssilk wrote:Two words as moderator:

1. Reagan, a good tip: I you want something from drs9999, then make conversation via PM. Or chat. Or Skype. Or ... It's not interesting for the public and much more useful.

2. @Drs9999, to help Reagan a little (I think he is very inexperienced yet): he excused, nothing is broken, and I think everybody has a second chance. :)

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for supporting! Any way, to cancel his mod be part of mine i just have to delete air-filter graphics. Because enything else in this mod was completely reworked by me. Nothing useful was there.
Last edited by Reygan on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:22 am

Dysoch wrote:
Reygan wrote:
slay_mithos wrote:If you are changing some vanilla recipes, I would advise testing it with dytech too, because that mod makes quite a lot of changes (stone gear for a lot of low tier stuff, for example), and you might want your mod to be compatible with the other "big" mods too.
It was not tested for compatiblity with dytech for now. And most likely it is incompatible. I can make it turn off my recipes if dytech detected. Because i m not like at all changes that dytech does.
dont let your personal feeling that you dont like what dytech does, affect it for those that do like it. send me a pm, and i would be willing to help you make ours compatible. Some people will want both mods, and i strongly disagree about shutting your mod down when my mod is detected. You can create a different set of recipes for it, and set it to only load when dytech is detected.
This is understandable. I can do it, but not now. And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me, so i have not much free time.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by slay_mithos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:47 pm

I am sad to say that I will most likely never use or promote your mod, and it's only because of you.

"Nothing useful was there"
"And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me"
Plus the fact that you didn't ask the original authors before publicly releasing a mod using their work.

From what I can see, you make a mod for yourself, and that's about it, not taking into account your users or other mods you don't like.
Someone that implies that nothing we say has any importance to him is not someone I want to help in any way.

Sorry, but I still hope your mod does well and finds a public.

User avatar
Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Dysoch » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm

slay_mithos wrote:I am sad to say that I will most likely never use or promote your mod, and it's only because of you.

"Nothing useful was there"
"And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me"
Plus the fact that you didn't ask the original authors before publicly releasing a mod using their work.

From what I can see, you make a mod for yourself, and that's about it, not taking into account your users or other mods you don't like.
Someone that implies that nothing we say has any importance to him is not someone I want to help in any way.

Sorry, but I still hope your mod does well and finds a public.
+1 :P

nicely formulated :)
Reygan wrote:And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me, so i have not much free time.
sure, but keep in mind, that a lot of people use dytech. you will be effectively cutting them off from your mod.
Image

User avatar
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by FreeER » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 pm

slay_mithos wrote: "Nothing useful was there"
"And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me"
Plus the fact that you didn't ask the original authors before publicly releasing a mod using their work.
I think the first two of these are language issues. the first, simply stating that he'd changed most of the mod (which obviously means he didn't care for how the original worked or that it didn't work with everything else, not necessarily that it was 'bad'). Second actually seems reasonable, obviously you have to prioritize based on what you like and what your users want (I would assume that if he got a lot of people asking for him to include compatibility for some mod that it would have higher priority for him).
The last was a (poor) decision that he'd post and see who wanted him to remove their mods (rather than actually asking everyone first).
At least that's the way I see/saw it and why I don't have much of a problem with what he did.
slay_mithos wrote:From what I can see, you make a mod for yourself
Isn't that what a lot of mods are? You start by making them for yourself and then share it for anyone else that might like it. Obviously not everyone uses the mod's they make but I'd think that the majority do.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by slay_mithos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 am

FreeER wrote:Isn't that what a lot of mods are? You start by making them for yourself and then share it for anyone else that might like it. Obviously not everyone uses the mod's they make but I'd think that the majority do.
Yes and no.
I mean, sure, anyone doing mods (be it playing with mods or actually making them) does so to make the game closer to their likes.
The fact that everything (for mods) is not compiled makes it really easy for anyone to mod, or to at least change small things here and there (recipes, resources, damage values ...)

When you submit it to the public, you need to take into account many other things, and one that is very important is to actually listen to the players.
If you don't agree with them, give your reasons.
It's just that when the reason is "I don't like that, so no", it just feels like nothing will ever get through, as it just feels childish.
I totally understand that you need to prioritize, and your likes and dislikes will come into account, but there might be better ways to present it.

As for the quotes, I guess they can be bad wording from non-english writer (like myself), but here again, all his lines feel like a kid is trying to talk back, half due to anger, always in reaction to what was previously posted.


I don't enjoy personal attacks, because nobody wins anything from it, but when you are trying to "sell" a product, the form is as important as the actual content.

A shame, really, because it could have been way better presented if put in an other way, like presenting the community with a pack of a few mods (some up to date, some not), all integrated and modified to work and integrate together, with enough changes to everything to make it an attractive package.
With a few posts and PMs to the original authors, even if only for courtesy, it could have started way better, rather than becoming the argument it became from the get go (even from the original post).

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 am

slay_mithos wrote:I am sad to say that I will most likely never use or promote your mod, and it's only because of you.

"Nothing useful was there"
"And because i dont like it, it has lowest priority for me"
Plus the fact that you didn't ask the original authors before publicly releasing a mod using their work.

From what I can see, you make a mod for yourself, and that's about it, not taking into account your users or other mods you don't like.
Someone that implies that nothing we say has any importance to him is not someone I want to help in any way.

Sorry, but I still hope your mod does well and finds a public.
Justly, but not at all. I said exactly, as it is. From anti-pollution mod in last version i have just graphics and thats all. Instead of crude code and two with half semiuseful prototypes i maked new and integrated in other parts of my mod. That is it.
Next.
If you dont like something, will you want to go in for it? I understood, that many people like this exellent mode. I have explored it, code, prototypes, and i like it. It is well maked. But there are some stuff in that mod i dont like.
Dysoch wrote:sure, but keep in mind, that a lot of people use dytech. you will be effectively cutting them off from your mod.
And i havent said, that i will not work on compatiblity. I said that i will not work on it for now, indeed. And not near time probably.

But about not notifying mod authors it really was my bad. Anybody in this thread slaps me with it alredy. I will remember it, and will see in my nightmares soon :D
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:50 am

FreeER wrote:I would assume that if he got a lot of people asking for him to include compatibility for some mod that it would have higher priority for him
You're right partially. As i said, i have not very much free time, because of that i ditributing it very carefully.
FreeER wrote: The last was a (poor) decision that he'd post and see who wanted him to remove their mods (rather than actually asking everyone first).
Well yes, there is reason in that. Instead of waiting answer from authors, that visiting forum one time for for half-year, more easy just post, then wait. For now, there was disagree just one author. That is the author of most tiny mod, that i used, lol :D
FreeER wrote:Isn't that what a lot of mods are? You start by making them for yourself and then share it for anyone else that might like it. Obviously not everyone uses the mod's they make but I'd think that the majority do.
I dont know any reason for making mods especially for others. If somebody do that, that is his own business. In any game, for which i did mods, i did they just for self pleasure. To modify some parts of gameplay, to add some functions that will be very handy for me, for adding hardcoreness, bla-bla-bla. This is first time i posting mod ever. May be because factorio is most "easy to modding" game i ever saw...
Daniel V. Lenskiy

User avatar
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.9.x] Reygan's Assembly Mod

Post by Reygan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 am

slay_mithos wrote: As for the quotes, I guess they can be bad wording from non-english writer (like myself), but here again, all his lines feel like a kid is trying to talk back, half due to anger, always in reaction to what was previously posted.
Yes, i writing, using lingvo dictionary sometimes :) And you must excuse me some childish-like speaking. When i was answering first posts on my clock was about 04:30 am, and i was some tired. Because of that i answered wery shortly, that how i think in the moment.
slay_mithos wrote: I don't enjoy personal attacks, because nobody wins anything from it, but when you are trying to "sell" a product, the form is as important as the actual content.
Indeed. Nobody here is "sell" something. And this author with his outdated "half-pollution-mod", and me. If i really was selling something, i will really did serious work about it, before public presentation for customer. But there is some kind of mods sandbox. And everybody posting what they want. You should understand that.
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users