I can not finish the mission :(

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
yoyator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I can not finish the mission :(

Post by yoyator »

The mission with objective : "Get the supplies into your and car inventory" and you need "2500 ammo, 1500 steel, 3000 iron, 3000 copper and 50 solar panel"

I dont have enought space in my inventory to place it all at once, and when i put the materials in the car invetory it does not count for the objective. I dont know what to do.

The mission is that one u need to repair the damaged infrastructure and build your first train.

yoyator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: I can not finish the mission :(

Post by yoyator »

already solved, the only thing i needed to do is to get into the car :S

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Yeah, this mission needs to explain that you have to get in your car for it to count.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That's part of the puzzle. But there should be a small hint.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

stepcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stepcz »

I cannot finish for a different reason - I've ran out of iron ore to mine and I'm still far from all objectives except for Solar panels (because I cheated and just reused the starting solar farm ;) ) and copper. I mined out the northern iron field and now I'm trying to relocate to the small patch in south of the lake. However this location holds just a few thousands of ore and steel production is soo hungry :-/ I don't think it is going to be sufficient. It seems all other iron deposits are very far from base and close to biters nests and I'm not armed enough to destroy them.

I've only built a research facility (5 labs) and manufacturing capacity for green and red packs. I might have overbuilt a bit, but not much I think. So what did I do wrong, any hints?
PIC

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

If I remember correctly this is the mission where you have huge deposits north west and south east of the starting base, that already have mining operation set up. You just need to get power to them and then transport the stuff back via trains(hence the broken train tracks)

HEXtheDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HEXtheDark »

I have the same problem (run out of iron ore). I discovered the big deposit in the north west by following the train tracks, but I figured that would be the next part of the mission to get to them and rebuild them. So far, I am about to restart the mission and try to work more resource-effective. Of course, if someone would spoiler me that the mission is over after gathering the supplies...*whistles innocently*

stepcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stepcz »

HEXtheDark wrote:I have the same problem (run out of iron ore). I discovered the big deposit in the north west by following the train tracks, but I figured that would be the next part of the mission to get to them and rebuild them. So far, I am about to restart the mission and try to work more resource-effective. Of course, if someone would spoiler me that the mission is over after gathering the supplies...*whistles innocently*
Exactly my thoughts - I know the ore is there in NW far from main base, I scouted it in a car. But getting it back requires working railroad, so I'd be skipping ahead in the flow of mission, I think. I suppose this step of the mission was meant to be completed with the starting resources, but I just can't crack it. Not to mention that rebuilding tracks will take another huge ammount of iron. Guess I'll just pack up a few furnaces, turrets and such from the main base and try to setup a small outpost near the NW deposit and start producing steel there (hauling coal in car trunk?). I expect the biters will try to kill me for polluting their neigborhood though.

Pr0d1gY
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pr0d1gY »

The way I done it was to work on the railroad almost immediately before the iron patches at the main base run out and as such I had no problems at all with the amount of ore I was receiving. It was a bit of work to make sure I was processing enough of it quick enough to keep everything else running. Once you get access to the far resource patches, its less about the amount of resources you get and more about stopping the aliens destroying your stuff. They tend to attack you with quite a large amount of units.

I think overall it took me 5/6 hours to complete the objectives but was very very interesting trying to figure out how trains worked to begin with :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I remember it so: I built up the main base with the absolute needed minimum of furnaces, assemblies etc. Then I got solar panels, built up the outpost upper left with simple solar panels and lasers on accumulators and because of that, it was no problem to be attacked too much, so I could built up the track and from there it was really simple.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

It might be good if you could see all the objectives for the mission right away (but grayed out), or at least see how many steps there are (and know you're at the last one)

And the resources in the car(s) should definitely be included in the progress counters.

Pr0d1gY
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pr0d1gY »

I agree with the car part. I only discovered that by accident otherwise I would never of thought that I had to be in the car for it to count.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

muzzy wrote:And the resources in the car(s) should definitely be included in the progress counters.
And what, if you build many cars? You can drive just one.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

ssilk wrote:
muzzy wrote:And the resources in the car(s) should definitely be included in the progress counters.
And what, if you build many cars? You can drive just one.
I said "car(s)" precisely as an answer to the multiple car case. Had I just said "car", there would be the obvious corner case of multiple cars and which car should count. So make all cars count. Doesn't matter how many you can drive, it doesn't make the mission any easier or harder but it simplifies the code logic.

hikkiko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hikkiko »

you can transfer ores via car. just set up defense agains bitters and loading\unloading station for car =) and ofcourse electricity

CobraA1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CobraA1 »

The mission really needs more clarification - I had to head here to this forum to figure out the very last step (hop in the car).

Also, I will note that you will likely need to get resources from the Northwest base manually for a period of time while you build the railroad - and the railroad will be a big help. There is also more copper up north. Once you have the extra iron and copper secure, you should have more than enough resources to finish the mission.

Return to “Gameplay Help”