Factorio.com / forum account

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Mash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio.com / forum account

Post by Mash »

forum account != valid mod page login
but direct linked from within forum.

EDIT:
This account doesn't have a sufficient membership. If you bought the game on Steam, you need to connect your Steam account to your factorio.com account
Two useless accounts later and more crap to overcome! \o/

EDIT:
https://www.factorio.com/settings
So far my shitty experience for a 184Kb zip file also to be found on github after all..

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio.com / forum account

Post by ssilk »

Wat dojo wanto sai us wis this?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

lpw
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lpw »

Probably that he would prefer or at least find it less confusing if factorio.com (mods.factorio.com) and forums.factorio.com use the same user-database and maybe even session-cookie.
So you can just follow the link in the forum to the mod page and still be logged in.

Maybe the accounts can be linked to achieve a similar effect?

Mash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mash »

Srry, I'm getting a bit sick of the required bs accounts(idling to be hacked someday) for all kinds of crap on the interwebs.
lpw wrote:Probably that he would prefer or at least find it less confusing if factorio.com (mods.factorio.com) and forums.factorio.com use the same user-database and maybe even session-cookie.
So you can just follow the link in the forum to the mod page and still be logged in.

Maybe the accounts can be linked to achieve a similar effect?
Exactly that/Steam workshop

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Srry, I'm getting a bit sick of the required bs accounts(idling to be hacked someday) for all kinds of crap on the interwebs.
Understandable. That bugs me, too. But the problem is much deeper.

TL;DR: Would be of course nice, but in the current state of Factorio it is the better choice for everyone.

To do something like that it requires a kind of technique called single-sign-on.
Which is state of the art, and of course the Factorio-Server can do such things. But this is quite difficult to implement with existing software, which has it's own user-account management, cause if software is not developed for that, changing it to single-sign-on is really, really hard to implement and a very dangerous source of common security-problems.

Believe me or not: You don't wont to have phpBB changed to single-sign-on mechanisms. It's like filling diesel into a gasoline motor. Last year I digged deep into the phpBB-source for wube in Prague to find a lot of problems around this subject. The same with wiki (much easier) or now with the mod-db.

It is in that cases much more elegant and safe to change the software so, that it uses the single-sign-on only to verify the user credentials on registration and then leave the whole user-preferences in the hand of the application.

And it has also a big advantag to do it like so: Only with the first login the user-data is transmitted into the other software and from there on it could be changed independently from the origin. That removes a lot of problems. You can work much more agile. Changes can be done much faster, because you have no side-effects and you cannot destroy anything important. Not all accounts are on every service and if, it is likely that they have different passwords. So stealing all accounts in the mod-db is not a horrible fail.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

silma70
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silma70 »

sorry but those who have purchased through GOG ???? I too have the same problem but I have not bought it on steam

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

silma70 wrote:sorry but those who have purchased through GOG ???? I too have the same problem but I have not bought it on steam
You can redeem a retail key from GOG as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29953#p189521
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

silma70
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silma70 »

daniel34 wrote:
silma70 wrote:sorry but those who have purchased through GOG ???? I too have the same problem but I have not bought it on steam
You can redeem a retail key from GOG as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29953#p189521
thanks Daniel!

Return to “This Forum”