[0.13.6] [0.12.35] game crashes with error on startup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dictatorkara
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.13.6] [0.12.35] game crashes with error on startup

Post by dictatorkara »

So basically I was trying to install some mods in .13.6 and I got an error message that the assignID "explosive-rocketry" was missing so I uninstalled, reverted to .12.35, and reinstalled. Now the error says no loader found for "custom-input". I tried deleting everything related to the game off my PC so I could reinstall again and I still get the same message. I tried verifying the game cache and nothing had to be reacquired. I am stuck here and I don't really know what's wrong. Can anyone help?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.6] [0.12.35] game crashes with error on startup

Post by daniel34 »

You still have some incompatible mods installed.

Look in %appdata%\Factorio\mods (usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods).
If you can't find it, just open the run dialog with Win+R and enter %appdata%\Factorio\mods
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

dictatorkara
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] [0.12.35] game crashes with error on startup

Post by dictatorkara »

daniel34 wrote:You still have some incompatible mods installed.

Look in %appdata%\Factorio\mods (usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods).
If you can't find it, just open the run dialog with Win+R and enter %appdata%\Factorio\mods
Thanks for your quick response. That is exactly what fixed it. I actually figured it out before you posted haha. I should spend more time troubleshooting before I ask questions.

Return to “Technical Help”