Boiler generator and solar panel

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Cana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Boiler generator and solar panel

Post by Cana »

I want to create a system with boiler generator and solar panel that when it is day the solar panel only function and when it is night the boiler generator function

Cana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Boiler generator and solar panel

Post by Cana »

Cana wrote:I want to create a system with boiler generator and solar panel that when it is day the solar panel only function and when it is night the boiler generator function
Pls

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Just build both the solar panels and the steam engines. The solar panels have a higher priority, so steam engines will only run when the solar panels can't power the whole base.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Cana
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cana »

Ok thank but i must craft a lot of solar panel as my energy consumption??? And can you explaim the research of the intelligent chest ??? What does the research do???

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

A solar panel provides 60 kW during full daytime, 0 during full night time. overall a solar panel outputs 42 kW in average over a full night/day cycle. A steam engine provides 510 kW when provided 100°C hot water. You can do the math by yourself now.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”