Mining Drill Operator - Name-in-game weighting options?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Chaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mining Drill Operator - Name-in-game weighting options?

Post by Chaz »

This is a super minor thing, I'll admit, but throughout a bunch of the games I've played in Factorio, I've never been able to find my own Name In Game reward for backing at the Mining Drill Operator level. (This includes after several instances of moving my research labs around the place). It kinda sucks because I know my name's in there somewhere but the RNG just isn't letting me see it.

What I'd like is an option that ensures you get to see your own name in the game if you want - Prison Architect for instance allows you to manually pick name-in-game prisoners to arrive at your facility, and Rimworld's name-in-game/backstory-in-game rewards can be entered into a text field to give them a higher chance of showing up, maybe Factorio could either look at your linked account or also allow you to manually input your backer name, and either give your own backer name a higher chance of appearing when you place a named object, or guarantee that the first item you place will have your own name on it.

As I said this is a super minor and cosmetic thing and so I understand it's a very low priority, but if I'm recording game footage or streaming for friends, I'd love to be able to show them proof that I backed Factorio in its early days :D (I got close one time, got a research lab named "Chaz" - My own name-in-game reward is "Chaz Serir" though, haha)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”