Update Version .13 Kills Steam Users

Things that has been reported already before.
DaMetaEX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Update Version .13 Kills Steam Users

Post by DaMetaEX »

You just release it i know and people have to OP into it. But your "PIRATE PREVENTION" measures are denying Steam Users as the OFFICAL VERSION you offer there doesn't mark there account as "NOT PIRATED". Thus if you op into the .13 update beta file then upon logging in with there Steam Version they are stuck behind wall that litteraly makes it sound like they have pirated a copy of the game. All because your "LINK TO STEAM" does not Link to Steam to Reconize Upgraded account. This stops Steam Users 100% from using ANY and i mean ANY of your new gagets or whatnot if there account wasn't upgraded beforehand by a MYSTRIOUS E-Mail code that im sure None got if they weren't already Factorio players before Steam version existed.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Update Version .13 Kills Steam Users

Post by kinnom »

If you have linked your steam to the factorio website you can try to download the steamless version as a workaround. the devs are busy with the problem
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

DaMetaEX wrote:You just release it i know and people have to OP into it. But your "PIRATE PREVENTION" measures are denying Steam Users as the OFFICAL VERSION you offer there doesn't mark there account as "NOT PIRATED". Thus if you op into the .13 update beta file then upon logging in with there Steam Version they are stuck behind wall that litteraly makes it sound like they have pirated a copy of the game. All because your "LINK TO STEAM" does not Link to Steam to Reconize Upgraded account. This stops Steam Users 100% from using ANY and i mean ANY of your new gagets or whatnot if there account wasn't upgraded beforehand by a MYSTRIOUS E-Mail code that im sure None got if they weren't already Factorio players before Steam version existed.
I have had no problem with steamupdate or playing 0.13 via steam.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to duplicates. The issue is known and being worked on.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=27286
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Duplicates”