[0.12.23] Fallaway - A Fresh Start

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Hiighlander
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.23] Fallaway - A Fresh Start

Post by Hiighlander »

"Arms...check."
"Legs...check."
"Kidneys? Ok good still got those."
"Now where the heck am I?"

|Journal Entry 1 - Solar Rotation 1|
"I'm alive...surprise! My ship, or rather what is left of it, lays behind me in a smoldering ruin. I ejected in time to save my life. This was supposed to be a threatcon-4 job. And yet, here I am, sitting on what used to be my hyperflux trans-capacitor, talking to the one drone that isn't linguine. My best guess? Based on the damage to my hull that wasn't caused by plowing through a tree, was a condensed optic infra-ray clusterbeam. So...lasers. But how? The attack was ground-based, and the only inhabitants on this planet were supposed to be gerbal-sized insects. Last time I trust the R&D team, though. Probably because I'm going to die here. But also because they are lying pricks."

"...I don't want to die here. It'd be stupid to try to find the source of those lasers. But if they have lasers they might have the materials I need to fix my ship. Or better yet, a ship! And it'd be rude to not thank them for their hospitality."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Fallaway is going to be a near-vanilla, easily modded custom terrain world. Within the confines of a 7000x7000 map, with oceans as natural borders, there will be plenty of land to explore and challenges to overcome. The first and foremost, conquering the island you crash-landed on. The island will have a good amount of resources to get you started, but is by no means a do-all end-all.

Thus far:

The starting island has the following features
-Your crashed space ship, with a small assortment of goodies to better your odds and add a lore aspect
---goodies include a shotgun with a couple shells
---a modular armor set with a roboport and just enough juice to maintain your single surviving construction bot
-An Iron-vein to the north, near the crash site
-A Coal-deposit to the south-east
-Small copper chunks in the center of the island, where a couple biters have made their nest. Maybe they eat the stuff?
-Blow up some rocks to the north of the island, and you'll strike oil! Fancy that!
-Whole island just looks nice. Definitely open to adding more detail if feedback requests it.

Features that I will be implementing in the future
-Marshlands with decent coal deposits near the island
-Rocky desert with Oil for days, son!
-Northern forest will have decent spots for iron, and an enemy stronghold with even more iron
-Enemy stronghold will have loot you can take for yourself. Such as raw material, more bots, and such
-Swampland in the center south of the map, with dangerous encampments of spitters and strong coal deposits
-Another island on the opposite side of the map, that will be a stronghold built by another humanoid. Those were the suckers that shot you down
-Copper will make various appearances, but I haven't really thought of a good way to implement it.
I would love some feedback! As soon as I finish the north forest, I will be supplying a link to download the world for testing. If anyone has ideas to help flesh out the world, please comment below!

MindWorX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.23] Fallaway - A Fresh Start

Post by MindWorX »

I signed up, simply to encourage you. I love the idea, keep up the good work, looking forward to a link.

Amerem
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amerem »

This seems really cool looking forward to updates

unrealsolver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by unrealsolver »

Looks good. Man, how can I download it?