Tree harvest - tank addon - bulldozer

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Joe78man
Inserter
Inserter

Tree harvest - tank addon - bulldozer

Post by Joe78man »

I faced several times the problem of having a huge forest in the way, clearing a path to come and go with a tank/car or build the rails along the way becomes a tedious work, and a surpluss of useless wood filling the inventory, so I came up with this idea based on a mod I saw, the plow.

An add-on to the tank, to turn it into a sawing machine to clear out trees.

It would be a "weapon" item that would be placed replacing the tank cannon, disabling the ability to shoot. It would make the tank slower, moving at half the speed. It would remove trees as it does now, but it would cover a wider area (not mutch, let's say twice the actual tank width, not taking any damage and storing the wood in the inventory or leaving it in the ground if the inventory is full.
It would damage any entity it colides with, enemies, players and buildings alike.
Fuel consumption would double while driving it as the saws rotate all the time

This same concept can be used to swap the cannon with a flamethrower or a laser cannon that would consume batteries or an energy container that could be recharged.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tree harvest - tank addon - bulldozer

Post by devilwarriors »

Never seen a mod with replaceable weapon so I doubt it's possible, but there a mod doing most of what you want. Just as a separate tank.

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=16151&p=154500&hi ... er#p154500

it's broken right now but it's easy to fix, just do what the second message in the tread say and it work fine with 12.33.

it's a bit too fast right now so you might want to play with the speed setting to make it slower and have less than 1500 armor which is way more than the default tank.

Joe78man
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Tree harvest - tank addon - bulldozer

Post by Joe78man »

devilwarriors wrote:Never seen a mod with replaceable weapon so I doubt it's possible, but there a mod doing most of what you want. Just as a separate tank.
The user can swap weapons, it's about programming to make it possible for a vehicle. They are just another entity, it's doable
devilwarriors wrote: it's a bit too fast right now so you might want to play with the speed setting to make it slower and have less than 1500 armor which is way more than the default tank.
I got the idea borrowed from it

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”