Power Armor for vehicle

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Power Armor for vehicle

Post by dewast »

Hi, couldn't find mod or line in game, that will allow creating and adding an extra equipment in car and tank. Something like Power armor MK2 in character, but for vehicle to add extra armor, shield, speed or guns, like turrets, lasers or mortarfor rockets.

dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Power Armor for vehicle

Post by dewast »

I can't find LUA about armor assigned to character,
nad can't finde the write place to put line from armor
equipment_grid = {width = 7, height = 7}
so there was extra equipment slots, next to inventory in my new car mod.
any ideas?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

dewast wrote:nad can't finde the write place to put line from armor
You can't do that.
Car is a car, armor is an armor and they belong to different types. At best the unsupported fields of prototype will be ignored, at worst the game will error on startup.

You'll have to implement all the stuff for the car as scripts in control.lua and fake some gui to function as car equipment installation window.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dewast »

If only I know how to do it, I can "rewrite" existing code for mode - make new staff if have bluprint how to make it.
But I could't find relationship/dependence betwen armor and character to modyfie it for armor - Vehicle (car, tank).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dewast wrote:If only I know how to do it, I can "rewrite" existing code for mode - make new staff if have bluprint how to make it.
But I could't find relationship/dependence betwen armor and character to modyfie it for armor - Vehicle (car, tank).
All of the (complex) logic for the power armor equipment grid to work does not exist for cars. The GUI, the handling of damage adjustments through equipment in the armor, the energy charge/distribution of the equipment in the armor and so on is not there for cars.

The "equipment grid" prototype property on armor simply sets the equipment grid properties on the armor - all of the actual logic and code for how that works when it's enabled for armor doesn't exist for the car.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dewast »

I was wanting something like this
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/91c014e1412e7b7c
Extra armor, shield, generator bateries, meaby turret to self defence when character is away.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”