No End-Game message

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
xlRadioActivelx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No End-Game message

Post by xlRadioActivelx »

I've launched now two rockets with satellites on board each, but I still haven't gotten the message, are there other requirements or something else I'm missing here? Any help would be appreciated.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: No End-Game message

Post by GewaltSam »

Haven't done that in a while... There *should* be? I know it's not that satisfying, but you're practically done with the vanilla game; all you're missing is "Congratulations! You've won! Here's some very basic (and not that meaningful or significant) stats about how long it took and what you've killed (small biters, big biters, power poles, trees, ...)!"

If you feel like you're done with that factory, go take a look at the mod forums if I may give a suggestion! You'll find many good mods for advanced players there that give new challenges or a new spin to basic Factorio (off the top of my head: take a look at Resource Spawn Overhaul, Marathon, Bob's mods for new challenges. You should find them easily enough if you search the mod forums a bit. Don't install all at the same time, though; that could get rough ;) ). Starting anew with a few tweaks to mods or configuration can be a whole new thing, especially if you got yourself some new challenge for the new factory (and alas, you're equipped with a lot more knowledge about the game after a playthrough).

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Does your game for some reason not contain the freeplay control.lua? Unzip the save game and compare the control.lua with data/base/scenarios/freeplay/control.lua. This contains the code that reacts to launched rockets. Depending on how you started the game, a different file might have got used.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

xlRadioActivelx wrote:I've launched now two rockets with satellites on board each, but I still haven't gotten the message,
Yes, I've received the message, so you should have too.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Have you created your map in the map editor?

xlRadioActivelx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xlRadioActivelx »

posila wrote:Have you created your map in the map editor?
Oh i did, that must be the issue, makes sense now thank you very much.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

xlRadioActivelx wrote:
posila wrote:Have you created your map in the map editor?
Oh i did, that must be the issue, makes sense now thank you very much.
You can fix the problem by extracting the savegame and copying the files from the Factorio\data\base\scenarios\freeplay folder (in C:\Program Files or your steam folder) into your savegame, then zip it up again.

Old rockets won't be counted though, only newly started ones will.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”