Can one add mods midgame?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Can one add mods midgame?

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

Good afternoon fellow Factorians,

I'm hoping for a quick answer that will help me out. I have gotten to midgame and would like to add some mods. I just tried it but received an error. Is it not possible to add mods during a game, in other words must all mods be used from the start of a new game?

Thanks for the help.

Ninja.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can one add mods midgame?

Post by prg »

Should be possible. What error do you get?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

The message states "__EvoGUI__/control.lua:10: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)", so I can only assume it's due to EvoGUI... will try relaunch without it as perhaps this mod DOES need to be started with the map :(

EDIT:
Just tried removing the GUI, didn't work, Foreman then failed. Removed that one and then Smart-long-inserters failed so I'm guessing it will just fail on them all?

Mods Used:
8L-Train-Project_1.2.0
alien-science_0.0.6 (This one was already enabled as part of my starting map)
EvoGUI_0.3.0
FARL_0.5.20
FastFilterFill_0.5.2
Foreman_0.0.4
Larger Inventory_1.0.0
long-reach_0.0.4
MoreLight_1.0.0
RailTanker_1.1.3
smart-long-handed-inserter_0.1.2
TheFatController_0.3.23
tree_collision_0.2.0
Last edited by Ninja_Dog81 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

No matter when it's added, that mod needs to be updated to work with recent Factorio versions.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

I just downloaded them all, I will have another look tonight then and make sure I have the latest versions. Hopefully that's all it is.

Thanks for your response, let me know if you think of anything else it could be.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Ninja_Dog81 wrote:I just downloaded them all, I will have another look tonight then and make sure I have the latest versions. Hopefully that's all it is.

Thanks for your response, let me know if you think of anything else it could be.
The answer from prg was a subtle hint that EvoGUI is way out of date, 0.3.0 was released 8 months ago, the current one is 0.4.15 which you can get here: [MOD 0.12.11+] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.15

Releases before 0.4.5 will give the error you got.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

Shot daniel34!

I will take a look through them all later and make sure I have the latest versions... I will have to sacrifice another 10 mins of playtime!

Thanks again both!

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

Just finished checking through and downloading the latest version. Everything works fine (game loads at least)... Thanks again!

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by taiiat »

yeah, when grabbing Mods, you'll need to check the first post, as well as the last page for newer versions or unofficial threads if someone's picking up a dead project.

(*insert some grumble about people only posting version updates on the last page instead of the first post like someone sensible but meh*)

Return to “General discussion”