[Idea] Electric Trains

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
PrincessSelena
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Idea] Electric Trains

Post by PrincessSelena »

Now this is an idea, I had for a while and I couldn't find a mod existing that dois that:

Basicly, the idea is, that you can craft a 5th type of electric pole which you can place on Rails in order to get Power to the electric Trains, the other craftable item. This train would be a bit more expencive than the Disel Lokomotive, as it would use electric Engines (of course) and maybe some other slightly more expensice stuff. This way, as long as you have Power on your Railsystem, the Trains will never just suddenly stop when they run out of fuel and you could save up the costs of a refill station, but you would have increased power-usage.

So, because I have little to none Factorio-modding experience (although I modded other games), I would like to hand this idea out to someone capable of programming such a mod. I also would like to suggest this to the developers, as I think that this fits the game quite well and there is some balancing potential to not make this train "game-breaking" (Balancing in terms of Top Speed, Pulling Capacity and also Power usage, as for example the train could use more Power, the faster it goes while consuming little to none, when standing still)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”