[0.12.26] [posila] Not sure what happend but it crashed.

Things that has been reported already before.
AKWildRide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.26] [posila] Not sure what happend but it crashed.

Post by AKWildRide »

Just bought the game yesterday and played it for a few seconds before an Error Arose and the game Crashed i asked my friend what he thought and helped me but it didnt fix the issue.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Error my friend said its not reading the Temp files ive deleted the main folder in AppData for Factorio
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] [posila] Not sure what happend but it crashed.

Post by posila »

Hi, try to set launch options in Steam to "--force-opengl". If the game still crashes, please post here new log.

AKWildRide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AKWildRide »

so last night i did some work on trying to figure out what i could do to fix the issue and i found a fix for it. i went into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64 folder and right clicked Factorio hit properties then Combatibility and ran the compatibility troubleshooter and let windows choose which mode to run the game on. since im running 10 it only gives me 2 options 8-7 and the older Gen OS but 8-7 is the main. back on track here. i let it run and tested it in windows 7 mode and the game worked. so i hit complete and closed it then tried to run the game again. but i got a Error saying needs WN7 SP1 to play. so i went back again to the Factorio Prperties compatibility and put the to run on win 8 and also run as Administtrator just to allow the game to Ignore Windows :) and the game now runs fine. also im running this game in Expermental but this fix seems to work in all Beta Patchs. so posila plz post this Fix as a sticky in the steam communty page as theres alot of people having this same issue. from what ive read last night :) thanks for replying back to me.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for finding out that compatibility mode fixes it too. However I strongly suggest to use --force-opengl instead of compatibility mode if possible as we support both DirectX and OpenGL renderers (we even use OpenGL as default on AMD GPUs). Factorio is being actively developed so there is no reason, why it should need to run in compatiblity mode and/or with administrator right.

I investigated the crash and found out that is is probably caused by older version of MSI Afterburner (or anything that has RivaTuner Statistics Server in it). After some more digging I found out that version 4.1.1 (which was released before Windows 10 was launched) causes DirectX 9 games to crash on Windows 10 (https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=259903.0, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 4dc?auth=1, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18700822449, ...). Updating it to current version should fix the problem.

Can you confirm you run MSI Afterburner?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Return to “Duplicates”