[0.12.24] [posila] Game crashes while running two monitor setup

Things that has been reported already before.
Snakey125
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.24] [posila] Game crashes while running two monitor setup

Post by Snakey125 »

A little bit of heads of up: I don't use two screens to play the game. I have a TV hooked up to listen to youtube videos while I game or keep stats on temps.

I've been playing under 0.12.20 for a few months over a mod that isn't updated currently. I installed the current version via steam and was greeted with crashes every 2-5 minutes. Looked at the log and saw it errors out from "al_flip_display". Had the stupid idea of just shutting off the secondary monitor and surprisingly worked with no crashes. This seems to be something recent as I've never had this issue with 0.12.20.

LOG: http://pastebin.com/PdHN2yqh
System specs:
Windows 10
8 GB RAM
I5 3470
NVIDIA MSI 970
Resoultion is 2560 x 1440

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.24] Game crashes while running two monitor setup

Post by posila »

Hi, I responded you on Steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/di ... 147432444/

I can see this log does contain 2 screens (as opposed to the one on Steam) which is even stranger :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.24] [posila] Game crashes while running two monitor setup

Post by posila »

Hi, we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. We tried it on several HW configurations, always running Steam version with MSI Afterburner (and RivaTuner overlay enabled), but never got a crash or any other issue. So, new theory is that the problem is not caused by having Steam overlay and some other overlay, but it is probably related to something MSI Afterburner does. How do you have MSI Afterburner configured? What GPU settings do you change?

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?t=20534
Last edited by Loewchen on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong master report.

Return to “Duplicates”