[0.12.23] [kovarex] Ungraceful error message when version/mods don't match in multiplayer

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Cbrad24
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.23] [kovarex] Ungraceful error message when version/mods don't match in multiplayer

Post by Cbrad24 »

When trying to join a 0.12.22 server using .23, you are presented with this big wall of text.
It looks like it was left in for debug, but most end users don't really need to see all this.

Should be replaced with something simple like

Code: Select all

Version mismatch detected!
You are running: v0.12.23
Server is running: v0.12.22
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (156.98 KiB) Viewed 4499 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.23] Ungraceful error message

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I wanted to do this for a long time.

But you can notice, that the problem here isn't just the version difference, but also different mods on the server.

Cbrad24
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cbrad24 »

I was playing around with the mods being enabled/disabled so I could be wrong, but I think they were enabled, and it was just listing info. I don't think there was a mod mismatch when I screen-capped this.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I'm pretty sure that this info (version mismatch) displays only the remote mods, no matter if they are present locally or not. If you have the same mod configuration as the peer you try to connect with it will still show the remote mods even if they are the same, and never display the local mods.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.23] [kovarex] Ungraceful error message when version/mods don't match in multiplayer

Post by kovarex »

Ok, so wrote user readable message when this happens.

When the version differs, it says so, if just mod config differs it only mentions mods that are different (Either the mod is on server and you don't have it, or the other way around, or version differs)

Fixed for 0.12.25

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.23] [kovarex] Ungraceful error message when version/mods don't match in multiplayer

Post by roy7 »

Fantastic change. Thanks!

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

kovarex wrote:Ok, so wrote user readable message when this happens.

When the version differs, it says so, if just mod config differs it only mentions mods that are different (Either the mod is on server and you don't have it, or the other way around, or version differs)

Fixed for 0.12.25
Good change, but introduced a game-stopping issue: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20915&p=131395#p131395

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”