Problem with RSO Mod

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

InSicK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problem with RSO Mod

Post by InSicK »

Hello guys,

First of all I hope I put this in the right section, this is my first post. But either way here is my problem:

If I try to launch a new game with the newly installed RSO mod it gives me the following error: "__rso-mod__/control.lua:576: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"

I googled the Error and found something explaining that you should search and override "game.on_" with "script.on_" in the script files. But I couldn't find a single "game.on_" in the script files which really confused me.

Am I looking in the wrong script file? Has tehre been another change and this is an completely different Error?

Here is the URL of the thread I found:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 25&t=17107

Thank you guys for helping me. I hope we can fix this together.
InSicK

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Problem with RSO Mod

Post by daniel34 »

I've moved your thread to the RSO subforum (Modding help is for problems writing your own mods).

Make sure you are using the current Factorio stable (0.12.20) and the latest RSO (1.4.7). They have been tested to work together just fine.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

InSicK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Problem with RSO Mod

Post by InSicK »

Thank you for moving my thread.

I think I made some really bad mistake and destroyed my vanilla version.

I just tried loading into a game with RSO disabled and it worked. But there were no resources but wood. So I thought well maybe I did something weirf in the settings and went back and started another one this time checking the settings. All I could find was a total of 4 copper tiles. I guess I will reinstall my vanilla and then try again with the newest version of RSO.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT:
Reinstalling fixxed all problems Game works fine again even with RSO. Thank you for your reply!

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”