Ultimate goal

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Ultimate goal

Post by Wazzebu »

Hi everybody !

I will try to describe a idea i have (and some people already speak about it a little in this forum), the ultimate goal of this awesome game.

In the beginning you are alone with a pick on a alien planet. Peraphs your spaceship crash and you are the unique survivor ? Or you are send for something, like for clean the sector for other or terraform the planet ? I think it will be fun if the player can chose only with the way he plays... Ok, i can to give more details:

=> If I chose to be a survivor of a crash.

My goal will be to construct a spaceship to escape of the planet. I will chose research to protect my position (walls, shield, automatic defense...) and construct an spaceship (for example construct piece by piece).
If i am not too agressive against the aliens, their attack are not too strong.
This type of game can finish with a cool "vidéos" of your spaceship go away....

=> If I chose to be send for something else.

If i have to clean the sector, i will chose research about discover the sector (for example launch satellite for have a global map and peraphs a minimap) and construct of a sattelite weapon (destruct the aliens bases at distance) or other weapons (like tank, assassins robot...).
Aliens attack are very strong.
This type of game can finish with a cool "vidéos" of a lot of spaceship arrives on the planet...

If i have to terraform the planet, i will chose research for kill all the aliens on the planet (like chemical weapon) and change the atmosphere (big factory producing a new atmosphere).
Aliens attack are creasy.
This type of game can finish with a cool "vidéos" like color change of the planet for representant the new atmosphere...

And we can imagine some "medails" for the player win 5 times to escape, 5 times to clean the sector etc... Like Steam Achievements.

Thank you for reading and sorry for my poor english (i'm a french). And again this game is awesome :!: (In advance sorry if my ideas are bad :( )

Catox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Ultimate goal

Post by Catox »

From my understanding the ultimate goal is already set.
I believe there is a more detailed version of this somewhere (stating the millions of people incoming), but I couldn't find it yet :

http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/here-we-are
Factorio is a game about building a factory. You will need to mine resources, build machines, automate production and fight alien creatures. The main character finds himself alone on the alien planet. His task is to prepare the planet for colonization fleet coming from the Earth. In order to achieve that he basically needs to clear the planet from hostile alien creatures that constantly keep attacking him. He starts with his bare hands and knowledge how to create couple of simple things. As he progresses he mines available resources, builds more complicated machines, unlocks elaborate recipes and creates automated factories.
On a side note, I'm personaly not sure it would have much sense to be able to "choose" the reason why you were sent on a planet after you crashed on it ^__^;

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The goal is set but, hey it is not written in the stone yet, if you come up with better idea, we can use it.

And I believe, that different goals could be just different scenarios in the game.

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Catox wrote:From my understanding the ultimate goal is already set.
I believe there is a more detailed version of this somewhere (stating the millions of people incoming), but I couldn't find it yet :

http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/here-we-are
Factorio is a game about building a factory. You will need to mine resources, build machines, automate production and fight alien creatures. The main character finds himself alone on the alien planet. His task is to prepare the planet for colonization fleet coming from the Earth. In order to achieve that he basically needs to clear the planet from hostile alien creatures that constantly keep attacking him. He starts with his bare hands and knowledge how to create couple of simple things. As he progresses he mines available resources, builds more complicated machines, unlocks elaborate recipes and creates automated factories.
On a side note, I'm personaly not sure it would have much sense to be able to "choose" the reason why you were sent on a planet after you crashed on it ^__^;
Rha I didn't see before... Sorry :oops: So....

But just about the minimap ? With my car on the map i'm quickly lost... A minimap may be useful ?

Risugami
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Risugami »

Press "M".

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Thanks !!!!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The Minimap is a very experimental feature at the moment. I personally like the zoom better.

Volrak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Volrak »

Wazzebu wrote:My goal will be to construct a spaceship to escape of the planet. I will chose research to protect my position (walls, shield, automatic defense...) and construct an spaceship (for example construct piece by piece).
I just searched the forums to see if anyone had this same idea - I think building a spaceship would be a really fun construction goal.

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xinvoker »

slpwnd wrote:The Minimap is a very experimental feature at the moment. I personally like the zoom better.
There is a minimap?!

Please include such things in the release notes guys.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Necroing.

This is just a bit too old.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”