[0.12.10] Unknown key:"rockets-sent", rocket counter stuck

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
anmoch
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.10] Unknown key:"rockets-sent", rocket counter stuck

Post by anmoch »

In a savegame I am playing with a friend (started when 0.12 first came out) the "number of rockets sent" overlay just says
unknown-key-rockets-sent.png
unknown-key-rockets-sent.png (32.42 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
233 is actually the number of rockets sent - except that it doesn't update anymore! Launching another rocket (with satellite) doesn't do anything anymore. Is the savegame corrupted somehow? Can we fix it?

The latest savegame is: http://thomasrast.ch/download/g10s92.zip [38MB] (if you take a train to Player Rocket Launch, lots of rockets are ready to test)
The last non-broken savegame I have is: http://thomasrast.ch/download/g10s86.zip [40MB]
The first broken savegame I have is: http://thomasrast.ch/download/g10s87.zip [40MB]

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.10] Unknown key:"rockets-sent", rocket counter stuck

Post by Oxyd »

Well, that's just weird. When I load your save, it all works properly for me – the Score window has the proper strings and launching a rocket increases the score as it should. This is all with g10s92.

However, unpacking the saves does reveal a difference: g10s92 lacks control.lua and the locale folder, which g10s86 does have. So far as I know, there should be no reason for Factorio to remove these. Any idea how that might have happened?

Also, 0.12.11 will be released soon, can you test it in .11 once it's out? Since it works for me, chances are it'll be magically fixed in .11 for you as well.

anmoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by anmoch »

Hmm, you're right, 0.12.11 loads it with a working counter. I guess you can call it fixed then?

Am I supposed to have a control.lua and the locale directory within the save? Re-saving with 0.12.11 (immediately after loading) puts those in the save again. I'm not sure how they would have been lost in the first place except through a bug, though. The only reason I ever had to unpack and tweak saves was to remove replay.dat, but in this particular game the last save that has a replay.dat is g10s7.zip. So there were 80 saves in between that all were fine :-) I don't remember if I manually removed it or a version bump did it.

If this happens again and I don't have an upgrade conveniently coming along, is it safe to copy control.lua and locale/ from an earlier save?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

anmoch wrote:Hmm, you're right, 0.12.11 loads it with a working counter. I guess you can call it fixed then?

Am I supposed to have a control.lua and the locale directory within the save? Re-saving with 0.12.11 (immediately after loading) puts those in the save again. I'm not sure how they would have been lost in the first place except through a bug, though. The only reason I ever had to unpack and tweak saves was to remove replay.dat, but in this particular game the last save that has a replay.dat is g10s7.zip. So there were 80 saves in between that all were fine :-) I don't remember if I manually removed it or a version bump did it.

If this happens again and I don't have an upgrade conveniently coming along, is it safe to copy control.lua and locale/ from an earlier save?
If it works, yes :)

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

anmoch wrote:Am I supposed to have a control.lua and the locale directory within the save? Re-saving with 0.12.11 (immediately after loading) puts those in the save again.
Yes, you are. It was most likely the lack of these two in the save that caused the issue you were seeing. If .11 puts them back, that would explain why it started working.
anmoch wrote:If this happens again and I don't have an upgrade conveniently coming along, is it safe to copy control.lua and locale/ from an earlier save?
Yes, that should be safe. (Make a backup before doing that, of course.)

Nevertheless, how control.lua and locale went missing is still a mystery and definitely something that shouldn't happen. If it happens to you in the future, definitely report it again.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”