Need help with correct rail signals placement

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SkyLight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Need help with correct rail signals placement

Post by SkyLight »

Hi. Currently I have main station and an outpost, which provides me ore. I placed a 2-head train to go from one location to another. When train goes from the outpost to main station, everything is fine. But when it tries to go back to outpost, it gets "No Path" all the time.

I have the following setup:
Outpost station
One t-junction with main line
Main station
What's confusing me here is that it shouw "No path" on the "tail" train, so I believe it tries to go back to the left and then down, which is incorrect, because train here should go to the right, then down and left, to the main line.

I was trying different signal setups but still can make the train go from main base to the outpost. So train goes normally from outpost to main base, but doesn't want to go back.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Need help with correct rail signals placement

Post by Boogieman14 »

You're missing a signal at the outpost. If a train is allowed to go in both direction, there needs to be a signal in both directions. As you have it set up now, the signals tell the train it's only allowed to leave the station, not go back in. Place a signal directly opposite the one at the outpost (so the existing one highlights in blue) and it'll probably work.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

SkyLight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkyLight »

How could I miss that? Now it works, thanks.

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterSpock »

The train only sees signal right from him.

Return to “Gameplay Help”