Don't Auto Put Robots in the Quickbar

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TheKingOfFailure
Inserter
Inserter

Don't Auto Put Robots in the Quickbar

Post by TheKingOfFailure »

I love the personal roboport but am annoyed by one thing: when the robots return to your inventory they will fill up a quickbar slot that is empty. I just think that the robots should be put in the main inventory instead.

(This is my first ever post so please keep any criticism constructive. ;) :) :) )

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Don't Auto Put Robots in the Quickbar

Post by ssilk »

TheKingOfFailure wrote:I love the personal roboport but am annoyed by one thing: when the robots return to your inventory they will fill up a quickbar slot that is empty. I just think that the robots should be put in the main inventory instead.
I think this is a good idea, but many players don't have that problem, cause they use the stack-filters for the toolbelt/quickbar.

And I extend this idea: If you have a personal roboport you get an extra stack only for those bots (one per roboport, with the stacksize the roboport supports). This would also solve the problem to see, how many bots you currently really have (could be a number above the stack).
If you pull off the personal roboport with all the robots and your inventory is full, the robots are released automatically.

This special stacks can eventually be used to fill up those robot stacks automatically to the limit you want it, see that in combination with ideas from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=15337 which would be a logical extension.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TheKingOfFailure
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Don't Auto Put Robots in the Quickbar

Post by TheKingOfFailure »

ssilk wrote: I think this is a good idea, but many players don't have that problem, cause they use the stack-filters for the toolbelt/quickbar.

And I extend this idea: If you have a personal roboport you get an extra stack only for those bots (one per roboport, with the stacksize the roboport supports). This would also solve the problem to see, how many bots you currently really have (could be a number above the stack).
If you pull off the personal roboport with all the robots and your inventory is full, the robots are released automatically.

This special stacks can eventually be used to fill up those robot stacks automatically to the limit you want it, see that in combination with ideas from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=15337 which would be a logical extension.
Well, that explains why this hasn't been mentioned yet :) .

I like the extra slot idea, since there is space for it in the current UI.

There is the same problem with repair packs because I rely on my bots to do any repairing and don't want them in my toolbelt either :) .

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”