- Makes your trains a little bit smarter
- Name: SmartTrains
- Factorio Version: 0.15
- Download: SmartTrains 2.0.5
- "Slightly" more advanced demosave by Siggboy (for 0.13): viewtopic.php?f=193&t=25311
- License: MIT
- Website: github
In the ST-Settings ui you can define the name of refueling station. If you want to use auto refueling, your actuall refueling station(s) must be named depending on the Train they can refuel. SmartTrains creates a type depending on how your train is set up. E.g. a single headed train with 4 cargo-wagons is of type L-CCCC, a double headed train might be L-CCCC-L. So if you use L-CCCC trains, your station needs to be "Refuel L-CCCC", "Refuel L-CCCC-L", etc.
When a train needs refueling, the station will be added to the end of the schedule. So plan for that by making the last station in the schedule close to a reachable refuelstation. (I tend to have the station at the Factory last and the refueling stations between the base stations and the mainline, so they can refuel after delivering their cargo and before going to outposts)
A quick howto on trainlines:
- Creating a line: Stop the train, change the schedule as you wish, click "Read from UI", name the line, hit "Save as line", start the train. Done. The train is then automatically assigned to this line.
- Changing a line: Like creating a line, when hiting "Read from UI" the train is unassigned from it's current line. The train your saving the line on get's updated right away, all other trains update at the next station they are going to
- When you delete a line which has trains assigned, the trains delete their line and just keep the schedule
- Renaming a line: If you rename a line, the trains stay assigned to the new name, so no need to reassign them
- Rules: To set the "leave Station when empty/full" rule, click on "Rules" in the trainlines window, set it for the stations, click save. Done. The first check for the rule will happen 4 seconds after arriving at a station, the next ones every 2 seconds. If the normal waiting time is passed the train will still leave. You can change the time in ST-Settings ("Min. waiting time" and "Interval for autodepart")