Disable pollution cloud indicator

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Gemoron
Inserter
Inserter

Disable pollution cloud indicator

Post by Gemoron »

Hello

this might seem like a pretty luxurious problems but I wanna play without the ability to see the red pollution indicators you see with the info view enabled (the alt key view).
I've looked in the forum and wiki, sadly without any help and I could only remove the pollution cloud on the minimap with a change in one of the .ini-files.

Question: How can I deactivate the pollution indicator if I look at the larger map [m] without turning off the info view mode?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Disable pollution cloud indicator

Post by DaveMcW »

Use Alt + M to activate the pollution-free map. Alt + M again to close it. ;)

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

>not sure if troll response

While it's true that you can hit alt before opening the main map like that (or, in fact, after opening the map), he asked how to do it without having to disable detail view.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I think there's an checkbox in options to show pollution on the map. Try unchecking it.

Gemoron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gemoron »

Rahjital wrote:I think there's an checkbox in options to show pollution on the map. Try unchecking it.
Thanks for the help, but that one just influences the minimap, not the large extended map.

Any other idea?

ARC190
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ARC190 »

Ohh, get over it! just turn the detailed view off before looking at the map and turn it back on afterwards, or just leave it off in the first place. I think, that if you don't want to see the pollution, which is understandable, as it's normally not possible to see IRL, realism is probably what you are aiming for. Detailed view gives you information that you also wouldn't be able to see at a glance IRL, so why keep it on in the first place?

Return to “Gameplay Help”