space platform start

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

the_potty_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Contact:

space platform start

Post by the_potty_1 »

I thought I was free. For the first time in ten years, I didn't have factorio installed on my computer. For nearly 5 months. But the pull is strong with this game. To mix it up, I installed the experimental 2.1.20 version, confident that it would be as bug free as the stable release version. I had a glance through the mods list, and noticed the space platform start mod. Yoink. What can I say, no biters, yay. Asteroids though, those might be worse. I played for ten hours, then gave up and restarted. This run is going a lot better. The problem in a nutshell is you need to research blue science, thrusters, and the planet of your choice in order to travel to your first planet. Vulcanis seems best, going to build my main factory there, with just a small outpost on gleba to manufacture bio-science and fiber. Once I get Biolabs I'll keep on producing the bulk of the science packs on vulcanus, but set up a string of shuttles to haul them all to nauvis. I might produce plastic on nauvis given the shuttles are making the return trip anyway.

Here's my platform at around 16 hours. I typically build small to start, on Nauvis primarily so I can push to solar so as not to annoy the bugs, but here small is basically enforced by the amount of foundation and your turret coverage.
Factorio_Stranded_in_space.png
Factorio_Stranded_in_space.png (2.3 MiB) Viewed 72 times
angramania
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: space platform start

Post by angramania »

I would recommend to play with spacefarer mod instead. It disallows building on planets, allows building everything on space platform, add new asteroids for necessary ores. You will have one giant factory on single space platform. Space trade and simple missions help to avoid boring grind, so the first playthrough can be completed in less than 20 hours.
Post Reply

Return to “Show your Creations”