Add interface to add new alert types to "Alerts configuration" table

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
MeteorSwarm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 10:49 pm
Contact:

Add interface to add new alert types to "Alerts configuration" table

Post by MeteorSwarm »

In 2.1.18, it appears a new interface was added to the GUI to allow players to configure which alerts are visible. This interface was previously visible by entering /alerts, but I only became aware of this interface when 2.1.18 added the interface to the GUI. I can see a lot of mods that would benefit from the ability to add new custom alerts to this list. Adding the ability to bind alerts to one of these settings would improve the user experience of mods such as Maraxsis and Muluna, which add custom alerts for certain mechanics, such as pollution blocking telescopes or entities flooded in domes. I see that "Custom" alerts are called out as an option currently, but I hope that before Factorio 2.1 is released as stable, this "Custom" alert category is replaced with more specific alert categories.

09-16-2026, 09-59-12.png
09-16-2026, 09-59-12.png (213.16 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Post Reply

Return to “Modding interface requests”