[2.1.17] "Configuration file has invalid contents." error skipped when skipping main menu

Bugs that are actually features.
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:52 pm
Contact:

[2.1.17] "Configuration file has invalid contents." error skipped when skipping main menu

Post by sparr »

I launched the game with --load-game, exited the save to the main menu, changed something irrelevant, let the game restart itself, and ran into "Configuration file has invalid contents. Do you want to reset it?". My config.ini actually does have invalid contents, so I was happy to find out and fix it. The bug I'm reporting here is that this error is silently skipped when using --load-game (or --create, or --scenario2map, or anything else that skips the main menu).
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 17574
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am
Contact:

Re: [2.1.17] "Configuration file has invalid contents." error skipped when skipping main menu

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don' believe this will be changed. The "do you want to reset it?" prompt precludes the game not doing anything else instantly. Since all of those command line options are telling it "just go straight to ... and do this" it skips all of these notification windows.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.
Post Reply

Return to “Not a bug”