Multiplayer Issue

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Entemega
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiplayer Issue

Post by Entemega »

I am trying to play with a friend, but we had trouble with "Uploading Map":

Normally the map upload speed rounds 15-20kB/s (most of the time 18.2-19.8kB/s), this is by default an issue when the map is >8MB... { 8MB*1024KB/MB = 8192KB / ~20KB/s ~= 410s ~= 7min :o }

Furthermore, sometimes the speed starts to increase up to 40KB-50KB/s but then the connecting player "stops responding" and the server (me) disconnects him automatically... forcing to re-download the whole map from 0...

Is there any fix to this?

Thanks in advance! :roll:
"What matters more than the mistakes you made, it's what you were able to learn from them."

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Issue

Post by FishSandwich »

You could try removing the replay.dat from the save. That should reduce the file size at least.

Entemega
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Entemega »

Thanks man ! It reduced the map weight / 2, it was nice :D (as a fast-fix), but would be nice if the developers find some kind of permanent fix.

Greetings !
"What matters more than the mistakes you made, it's what you were able to learn from them."

Vunt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vunt »

I am also having this issue. The map transfers at around 600 kb/s but at around 8 mb the download fails.

Removing replay.dat worked for us too.

This solution presumably won't work in the long run. Any thoughts on a proper fix?

Return to “Technical Help”