Unexpected Error Occurred, log file is empty

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Gusi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unexpected Error Occurred, log file is empty

Post by Gusi »

Hi. My English is very limited. Sorry for that. I bought the game yesterday but I have exact same problem with soaked. When I try to launch the game, an error report says;

"Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash."

After the crash, "factorio-current.log" and "factorio-previous.log" files are created in the "C:\Users\Diverapo\AppData\Roaming\Factorio" folder. But both of them completely empty.

My OS: Win 7 x64
AMD Radeon R7 200
12GB DDR2 RAM
intel gpu g2020

List of I have already tried:

-All Windows and Nvidia updates
-Complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller and reinstall over Steam with different directory.
-Verify integrity of game files.
-I have tried to other compability choices.
-Restarting the PC and Steam
-Uncheck the steam overlay option
-Set launch option to "--force-d3d" and "--force-opengl"

"Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash."
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRMCVL ... sp=sharing
Help me!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unexpected Error Occurred, log file is empty

Post by Loewchen »

Post a log of it crashing while using opengl.

Return to “Technical Help”