This game is a masterpiece, but I'm honestly really disappointed...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Dreadly78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

This game is a masterpiece, but I'm honestly really disappointed...

Post by Dreadly78 »

I absolutely love Factorio, I've put quite a few hours of my life into this game, both with all the YouTube videos and my own playtime, the idea of it just draws me in, but I have to say, being incapable of playing with friends online is unfortunate, and I am fully aware of the progress multiplayer has undergone, latency hiding is wonderful, but something needs to be done about combat, because in multiplayer, nobody aside from the host can even remotely touch combat situations without severe rubberbanding. The fact that we've lost inventories of stuff to biters we could've easily taken on with what you would expect from even a decent internet is really infuriating, it really does drain the fun out of that whole part of the game, which is unfortunate, because although combat is not the main focus, it is the most exhilarating part of the game, rushing into nests is something that really feels like you're gaining territory, and sadly until this stuff is fixed I don't think multiplayer combat will be fun for the small groups of friends who actually want to do it. There are so many awesome things about this game, but playing with friends makes it feel way more fun, and until we don't have to deal with this combat lag as we've been calling it, I just don't see us playing the game very much... :(

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: This game is a masterpiece, but I'm honestly really disappointed...

Post by MEOWMI »

Tank is the only thing I can drive into combat in high latency multiplayer games. Car is so massively dependent on dodging, which just isn't feasible with high latency, and additionally, it's made far worse if there is any amount of latency fluctuation which is likely in high ping situations.

NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NineNine »

I don't really think about this as a combat game, so I don't know why you'd play multiplayer combat. If you play with no mods, at some point relatively soon after you launch a rocket, the biters aren't even a consideration any more. Are you just doing "combat" with some mod that turns Factorio into a combat game?

PunkSkeleton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PunkSkeleton »

Is it a rant about a bad connection? Because I honestly don't have a problem with Factorio netcode, there are even online tournaments that involve fighting biters (like BBC) and players don't seem to have a problem there. Of course with cross-continental play the delay is definitely there but it is not game breaking.

Return to “General discussion”