Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

Been trying to post some stuff in this thread and I'm getting this message.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Post by vinzenz »

ColonelSandersLite wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:07 pm
Been trying to post some stuff in this thread and I'm getting this message.
I've upped the quota a bit.
bringing the oops to devops

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I’ve noticed a lot of people posting saying they’ve gotten this since yesterday (I haven’t tried). Is this a per person thing or does the board itself have a limit? If the board, is there an old file cleanup thing?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

It's a global limit. I'm not sure about cleaning up old files as there's still value to old save games, screenshots, mods, etc. Maybe there's a way to just remove files which are not linked from a post anymore.
bringing the oops to devops

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I don’t disagree, but I do wonder about old saves/logs/SS from at the least resolved bug reports from pre-1.0, or just old saves from 0.12/0.13/etc.

In the grand scheme it might not be a lot, but sometimes every little bit can help.

Anyway, just food for thought, I guess.

Thanks for the response!
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:31 pm
I don’t disagree, but I do wonder about old saves/logs/SS from at the least resolved bug reports from pre-1.0, or just old saves from 0.12/0.13/etc.

In the grand scheme it might not be a lot, but sometimes every little bit can help.

Yeah, IMHO, you gotta draw a line somewhere. If you don't, you end up with a Katamari Damacy style ball of crap that nobody cares about. Outdated mods are one thing. Saves demonstrating bugs that where fixed 50 updates ago are something else. Just food for thought.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

If you get a list of the biggest attaches, then sort by age, you might find the most useless attaches, and at the same time the ones that give the best return in terms of disk space if you delete them.

("useless" might be defined differently by everyone)

Return to “This Forum”