[0.11.22] Recycling Plant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.22] Recycling Plant

Post by noxwaste »

Hello all,

Based on Justin Festa's "Increments" mod, I have picked apart the recycling furnace he used and upgraded it drastically. His recycling plant didn't add very many ingredients to the tear-down list, so I went through the game and added every single ingredient the 0.11.22 build uses (minus 2 or 3).

- Pre-requisites: Advanced Material Processing
- Research Ingredients: 80 x Science Packs 1, 2, and 3

This mod works just fine with current 0.11.22 save games. If you find any items that were left out, please let me know. I spent the 6+ hours going through all of the recipe prototype files and adding them in, one by one, so there could be a chance that I left a file out on accident. If so, let me know here and I'll be happy to update the mod.

Thank you Justin Festa for coming up with the base for this mod. At first I was looking at using the assembly machine, however using the furnace makes much more sense in the long run as it does what needs to be done to convert the recipes back into their ingredients.

Ricky
Attachments
recyclingplant_1.0.0.zip
(59.65 KiB) Downloaded 1964 times

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Recycling Plant

Post by Jonathan88 »

This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thank you so much for this :D :D I have always wanted to make use of those useless things like steel furnaces but there wasn't really much around in this quality! I don't usually use mods but this should be in the game anyway so I guess I can live with myself... :lol:

In fact I was considering learning to program with lua just to make this mod so I'll have to find another reason! As soon as I have time I will use this straight away!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Totally adequate :).
What conversion rate did you use ? recover 100% of all materials ? half ? is it configurable ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by noxwaste »

Koub wrote:Totally adequate :).
What conversion rate did you use ? recover 100% of all materials ? half ? is it configurable ?
It's at 100% recovery rate, but I will be releasing one here in a little while that is 50% for those that don't want such an easy recovery process. If I can figure out how to make it configurable, I'll definitely do that. :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

If you are interested - I think it would be possible to make this process automatic.

To create recycle recipe for an recipe that exists with a given criteria. Doing that by hand for some of the mods would be a bit time consuming.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think you could just replace the future "50%" by a variable that could be set in a config file.
Then you could choose either to give back that percentage of the materials rounded down every deconstruct, or to give 100% of the material that percentage of the time.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by noxwaste »

orzelek wrote:If you are interested - I think it would be possible to make this process automatic.

To create recycle recipe for an recipe that exists with a given criteria. Doing that by hand for some of the mods would be a bit time consuming.
If you could give me pointers as to how to get this automated, it would help tremendously haha. The only thing I worry about is if it is automatic, and since this is a furnace, what would the furnace do with any liquid?

noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by noxwaste »

Koub wrote:I think you could just replace the future "50%" by a variable that could be set in a config file.
Then you could choose either to give back that percentage of the materials rounded down every deconstruct, or to give 100% of the material that percentage of the time.
I was thinking about a variable. Just need to hone in on how to do it with LUA.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

noxwaste wrote:
orzelek wrote:If you are interested - I think it would be possible to make this process automatic.

If you could give me pointers as to how to get this automated, it would help tremendously haha. The only thing I worry about is if it is automatic, and since this is a furnace, what would the furnace do with any liquid?
Automation would be in lua and might be a bit complex one to do for various reasons - fluids are not that problematic since recipes define ingredient types.
I'd see more problems with filtering recipes to decide which one can be reversed. Especially if it would aim at mods compatibility.
I'm planning to look at making something similar to marathon mod by recipe processing - I could try to look into recycling then also.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Take a look at Bob's Eletronics Override (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =51&t=6496), it may help you out with that.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

I'm excited for this mod to be able to recycle items from other mods. The mod I'm currently using to recycle only gives back about 20% of the copper and/or iron used to make said item, which is terrible...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

vedrit wrote:I'm excited for this mod to be able to recycle items from other mods. The mod I'm currently using to recycle only gives back about 20% of the copper and/or iron used to make said item, which is terrible...
Terrible is subjective. 20% is infinitely more than 0%.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

20% at most. I recycled a tank. Got 10 copper/iron out of it. Considering it took somewhere around 44 steel, which is 5 iron each totaling in the ballpark of 200 iron, I only got 5% from that. At that point, I may as well have gone and parked it next to an alien nest. The recycler also behaves like a steel furnace, so it consumes additional resources beyond what I would consume for electricity
If this mod so much as gives 50%, that would be a significant improvement

noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by noxwaste »

vedrit wrote:20% at most. I recycled a tank. Got 10 copper/iron out of it. Considering it took somewhere around 44 steel, which is 5 iron each totaling in the ballpark of 200 iron, I only got 5% from that. At that point, I may as well have gone and parked it next to an alien nest. The recycler also behaves like a steel furnace, so it consumes additional resources beyond what I would consume for electricity
If this mod so much as gives 50%, that would be a significant improvement
I'm still working on releasing my 50% Recycling Plant. It's been a very, very hectic week at work this week. The one that's up here currently gives back 100% of what you put into an item (minus the fluids).

Hopefully I can tear apart a couple other mods to try and figure out how to make it work automatically with whatever you throw into it without having to create a recipe for everything.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

noxwaste wrote:Hopefully I can tear apart a couple other mods to try and figure out how to make it work automatically with whatever you throw into it without having to create a recipe for everything.
This is the part I'm eagerly waiting for in this mod.

NightOps
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NightOps »

Would it be possible to have the recycling plant export items like a mining drill, into a chest? There are recipes that have more than 4 components in them. When this is coded to auto calculate for all recipes, including modded content, it would be beneficial to not have to worry about some recipe having 20 components in its recipe somehow.

As for the fluid problem, voiding them would be the easiest solution. If petro and lube(etc...) are too important to be wasted, you might consider adding a multi-tank item that when placed adjacent to the recycling plant would receive any fluid byproducts from it(instead of voiding by default). When barrels are added to the multi-tank it will auto-fill them with any fluid that has reached 25 in its tanks(would limit to 50 max capacity of each fluid to prevent it from being an op tank).

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Great mod! I just wanted to point out that the recipes for underground belts are incorrect. It should require 2x underground belts as input.

EDIT: Same for underground pipes.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Hey Nox, I don't know if this is an acceptable way to do things, but maybe you could look through ScrapMod's data.lua (The mod hasn't updated in a long time, so it's probably abandoned anyway) for a way to parse the recipes from mods. I imagine it'll be harder, since the return will be completely different, but...Just a thought.

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

I have found an exploit. When recycling copper-cable i got one copper-plate for one copper-cable. But you need only one copper-plate to produce two copper-cables...

I have changed the amount of needed copper-cables frome one to two, but this change nothing... The problem still exists.
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Lishget wrote:I have found an exploit. When recycling copper-cable i got one copper-plate for one copper-cable. But you need only one copper-plate to produce two copper-cables...

I have changed the amount of needed copper-cables frome one to two, but this change nothing... The problem still exists.
You need to reset recipes after changing the file. Use the command: /c game.resetrecipes()

The same problem exists with iron sticks... pretty much anything the produces more than 1 item.

Return to “Mods”