[0.11.21] Map Editor Crash/Problem

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Chaoseed
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.21] Map Editor Crash/Problem

Post by Chaoseed »

1. Map Editor
2. New Map OR Load Map
3. Once I get into the map editor, I select Entities/Logistics/wooden chest.
4. I place a chest using right-click.
5. I press Q to clear my hand, then right-click the chest to open its inventory.
6. FIRST PROBLEM: I cannot close the inventory. No clicking or keypresses can do it. The ONLY thing that works is to put the cursor on the chest and press X to delete the chest entirely. If I do that, everything's okay--but then the chest is gone!
7. Anyway, assuming I don't delete the chest, eventually I try pressing Esc. This brings up the editor menu--with the chest inventory STILL open behind it.
8. If I press Close, then I get a message saying "The game is not saved", as expected. (Unless I saved the game, then I don't get the message, as expected.) Anyway, if I press "OK", then I get the crash window saying: "Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums".

The version of Factorio I have is: "Version: 0.11.21 (Build 13994, win64)". I'm on Windows 7 (64bit).

Log file attached.
Attachments
factorio-current-crash.log
Crash log
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.21] Map Editor Crash/Problem

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. It should be possible to close the gui by pressing E (standard for opening / closing guis in the game). However you have good points that ESC (toggle menu) should work as well. This has been added for the 0.12. I couldn't reproduce the issue with the error on closing the map editor without saving (in our 0.12 build). There were quite a few changes so it is well possible that this is now working fine.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”