Just to say I'm not crazy about the new Autosaving... popup

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cougarific
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Just to say I'm not crazy about the new Autosaving... popup

Post by Cougarific »

I actually preferred the no-pop-up version - Yes, the periodic lags when autosaving were distracting but you got used to them and accepted them for what they were, especially because you can tweak the frequency in Options. But personally I find the new pop-up extremely distracting and immersion-breaking. I don't want to give up my Autosaves, but I'm considering it only because the new "Autosaving..." pop-up is so annoying.

The people who are going to buy this game are not PC newbs or console kiddies. We understand what's causing the momentary lag and we're okay with that (speaking for myself personally), we're not okay with a tiny window popping up to scream "YOU'RE PLAYING A COMPUTER GAME" every time it saves.

Would love to learn how other players feel about this, please share your opinions!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Just to say I'm not crazy about the new Autosaving... popup

Post by Koub »

Hi,

Maybe you'd like to have a look at that thread :
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... t=Autosave

/me feels like Ssilk :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Cougarific
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Just to say I'm not crazy about the new Autosaving... popup

Post by Cougarific »

Thanks I did run a search for "autosave" before posting but didn't see that thread.

I'm going to move my initial post into that thread as a Reply - mods please feel free to delete this thread, or I will delete it later tonight.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”