[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Air Filtering

Post by Kryzeth »

Hello, first time posting, but there's a little bug with the air filter in the Smart Inserter list, where it's listed under the question mark instead of under Intermediate Products (where the used air filter is). It might also be incorrectly listed in the crafting menu as well (I haven't actually played a game in 0.12 yet, have been editing a few mods to 'pretty up' the crafting menu)

I've looked into your mod, and I'm pretty sure it's because there's no subgroup or order listed for the air filter item (under item.lua). I've fixed it for myself by re-adding the subgroup (raw-material) and setting the order to "g[plastic-bar]-h[filter-air]" and changing the order of the used air filter to "h[air-filter]-i[used-air-filter]"

That's... probably not the proper notation or something (just started looking into mods), but it correctly lists the air filter after the plastic bar, and the used air filter after the air filter (as it's supposed to, I assume?) But yeah, just letting you know!

Nanobytez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nanobytez »

Can we get some info on this? For example, is it cleaning all air pollution or just an area. I currently have 10 of these fully automated entirely in a single area. Is this overkill for this area or what? Just wanna optimize it better.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Kryzeth wrote:Hello, first time posting, but there's a little bug with the air filter in the Smart Inserter list, where it's listed under the question mark instead of under Intermediate Products (where the used air filter is). It might also be incorrectly listed in the crafting menu as well (I haven't actually played a game in 0.12 yet, have been editing a few mods to 'pretty up' the crafting menu)

I've looked into your mod, and I'm pretty sure it's because there's no subgroup or order listed for the air filter item (under item.lua). I've fixed it for myself by re-adding the subgroup (raw-material) and setting the order to "g[plastic-bar]-h[filter-air]" and changing the order of the used air filter to "h[air-filter]-i[used-air-filter]"

That's... probably not the proper notation or something (just started looking into mods), but it correctly lists the air filter after the plastic bar, and the used air filter after the air filter (as it's supposed to, I assume?) But yeah, just letting you know!
Thanks buddy. I'll have a look into this.

Edit: Done. Bugfix is out and working for me :) Thank you again for reporting this one!

Nanobytez wrote:Can we get some info on this? For example, is it cleaning all air pollution or just an area. I currently have 10 of these fully automated entirely in a single area. Is this overkill for this area or what? Just wanna optimize it better.
I hope this will help you: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =20#p71063
If not, just ask again and I'll try to help you ;)
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Nanobytez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nanobytez »

That helped a ton, turns out my 10 AFMs are in their own chunk. >.<

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

For me it seemed to be a good idea, to build a "wall" around my base, so that no pollution was leaking out. That way no biters were attrackted. Surely there are other ways to use them. Just try something out and see if it works for you :)
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

I have a mild issue.... I don't seem to need it...... I do tend to wall in my bases with 5x5 tree blocks with 3 wide gaps between, it makes a nice grid pattern though it does mean I'm planting over 1k germlings (yay treefarm) per hour manually.....

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Some people call this "tree farm abuse" because its far to easy to reduce the pollution this way. Also, not everybody uses tree farm mod. If you linke to play this way, just go on ;)

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

Aye, I can see how it would be called abuse. If it was blueprintable I'd agree, but I have to plant each germling manually, during the first 12 hours of play, I spend 75% of the time planting.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I like your mod, but please, read this post: click me!

And i think is a very easy clean a medium factory...
maybe make 5-7 tiers of technology, with a tier 1 easier than now (with only science pack 1), for very little factories and continue to make a tier 7 for a ultra factory and VERY expensive(+300 science pack 4).

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I will update the description, when the template is final.

Damrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Damrus »

L0771 wrote:I like your mod, but please, read this post: click me!

And i think is a very easy clean a medium factory...
maybe make 5-7 tiers of technology, with a tier 1 easier than now (with only science pack 1), for very little factories and continue to make a tier 7 for a ultra factory and VERY expensive(+300 science pack 4).

I'd second this. for people that play with heavy polution mods (dytech and bobs mods andsuch).

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I will think about this. But I don't know, Wien there will be time to do this

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Reworked the mod-description :)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Schorty wrote:Reworked the mod-description :)
Thanks you :D

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I'm happy to announce, that there are now mk2 and mk3 versions of the air filter machines in version 0.3 of my mod. For those of you who will try it out: I would be glad if you could post your experiences with the new entities here, because I had no time testing the balancing of those. Especially the mk3-version might be a "bit" overkill :D

Have fun!
Schorty

PS: It was a PAIN to get those graphics done. In the end, I'm a programmer, not a graphics designer... If there are graphic glitches, you might have to live with them, cause I ain't gonna touch them graphics again though! :lol:

Damrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Damrus »

Thats awesome. Thank you!

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Would be nice if you could share your experiences with this one with me ;)

Cheers

toudi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toudi »

Mk3 are too powerful. I set up them around my heavy polluted dytech base and it cleaned it all up. I would not be bad but then I noticed that the evolution factor started to drop, and it dropped fast. Actually it dropped from 100% to below zero (!) maybe in like 5-10 min. I think this should not happen, but I dont know how the evolution factor is calculated.

Using: Dytech (core, power, machine. war), AdvancedEquipment, DefaultRequestAmount, Evolution factor indicator, Fluid Void, Landfill, Treefarm-lite, Uranium Power, Craft Faster

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I would not have guessed, that they are so powerful, that they can even drop the evolution factor :D

Thank you for the feedback. I'll change that soon :)

Senacharim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Senacharim »

Any chance of getting these to burn thru filters at a rate commensurate to the pollution level?

E.G. - In a heavily polluted area, it will use up a filter *very* quickly,
And if placed in an area with no pollution, it'll just not use up the filter at all.

Return to “Mods”