[0.12.2][posila]Personal robots deconstructing remote chests

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
voyta
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.2][posila]Personal robots deconstructing remote chests

Post by voyta »

Equip personal roboport, 50 construction robots.
Place a chest, fill it with junk.
Schedule it for deconstruction. Your robots start picking up materials from the chest before they can deconstruct it and start filling your inventory (this is annoying, but expected).
Run away so that the chest is outside your roboport range. Your personal robots keep flying back to the chest bringing you stuff.
Ride away to the other side of map. They continue doing so (with huge slowdown, because they run out of steam...erm batteries.)
If the chest is also in normal logistic network, those robots will help as well, but it won't stop your personal ones from doing above.

Expected behavior: once you move so that the deconstructed chest is no longer in your personal roboport range, your robots will finish bringing what they have picked up already, but won't return back for more. It's not their problem anymore.

This is real PITA when I schedule deconstruction of storage area, even from distance, so that they are not tasked with that, but as soon as I get close enough (which I will by randomly doing stuff in the base) my personal robots take that task and will be useless for as long as it takes the base robots to completely disassemble the stuff. And my inventory keeps filling with junk which my robots happily keep delivering me across the map.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.2][posila]Personal robots deconstructing remote chests

Post by posila »

Thanks for the feedback. This certainly is not desired behaviour, so we changed it for next release.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2][posila]Personal robots deconstructing remote chests

Post by sillyfly »

Probably related to: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=14249
Is it also fixed? :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”