[Done] 5Dim's Trains

The place to share your custom game graphics.
YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Done] 5Dim's Trains

Post by YuokiTani »

DerivePi wrote:I'm no expert (as will be made clear :) ), but I've wanted to model the steam piston wheel assembly from old locomotives for some time. Some things that I think will help your model:
- The eccentric rod should only have one pivot other than it's attachment to the wheel and should be attached to the wheel at 90 degrees from the piston attachment - correction: my sketch oversimplified this - http://trumpetb.net/loco/rodsr.html - its still attached at 90 degrees (and phased at 90 degrees, not 180) but the eccentric rod needs to account for the vertical translation to the valve box - nevermind, carry on
- the tie rod should be connected directly to the piston wheel attachment (no reason to transfer all that stress through the first wheel)
- the piston assembly should have a guide. Otherwise, the cylinder would need to keep the piston rod from shifting vertically at it's first pivot which would cause a huge maintenance issue.
I don't have anything for the reversing rod or shifting mechanism, but those are detail items that would be hard to see at this scale anyhow.
this piston, tie rod etc - graphics only to fill the space. the animation i made in around 40 min, and i had take the points i had to make it easy.
if i had planed to animate from begin i had set/modell some things complete different.
after i had rendered this animation i delete this by mistake - so i need to make a new one, if needed. and this time i promise i make it correct and fixing all the floating points.
if have somewhere on my harddrive a better/correct animation of cylinders. if i found i post a sample :)

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:
McGuten wrote:I think is better cover half wheels and a i need both locomotive, rusty for coal locomotive and clean for electric locomotive.
i have a better electric locomotive in my opinion, but still need some work.
but steam is usable
Image Image

zipped frames
Wow, looks so great! i will add in next release :P

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

as suggestion for e-locomotive

frames-zip

preview
ImageImageImage

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:as suggestion for e-locomotive

frames-zip

preview
images

Wow that looks so cool! i will include on next release ^^

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

I can't seem to find a download for 0.13 nor 0.12 anyone able to help me please?

Return to “Texture Packs”