[0.12.2] Windows 10 and Factorio

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.2] Windows 10 and Factorio

Post by CharitableClas »

It seems to me that when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and a friend of mine upgraded on another computer he now cannot connect to me in multiplayer in Windows 7 it worked just fine. I don't know if this is a Factorio issue or a Windows 10 issue but I figured it would not hurt to let you guys know and I will see with Microsoft as well. Also if you have a WIndows 10 version of Factorio that would be good to know.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2] Windows 10 and Factorio

Post by FishSandwich »

Have been playing factorio on windows 10 for a while and no issues connecting or receiving connection from other people.

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

FishSandwitch how did you get it to connect or setup the connection? We have been using direct connection for a while.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

CharitableClas wrote:FishSandwitch how did you get it to connect or setup the connection? We have been using direct connection for a while.
When you say "direct connection" are you referring to having two computers directly connected with each other by an Ethernet cable?
If so then you need to make sure that both computers network cards have same subnet mask assigned to them. Windows is not know for being consistent when auto-assigning IP addresses to network cards.
Also you should check the firewall settings to make sure that Factorio isn't being blocked on either of the computers.

Zman111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zman111 »

I'm having the exact same problem as OP with win seven and ten playing together(either way). have yet to try ten to ten, should put down if is problem with factorio or windows real fast.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

CharitableClas wrote:It seems to me that when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and a friend of mine upgraded on another computer he now cannot connect to me in multiplayer in Windows 7 it worked just fine. I don't know if this is a Factorio issue or a Windows 10 issue but I figured it would not hurt to let you guys know and I will see with Microsoft as well. Also if you have a WIndows 10 version of Factorio that would be good to know.
Zman111 wrote:I'm having the exact same problem as OP with win seven and ten playing together(either way). have yet to try ten to ten, should put down if is problem with factorio or windows real fast.
Hi guys, you might want to come to the [url=irc://esper.net/factorio]IRC channel[/url] as there are people there who could help you with MP connections from different systems.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

I found out my problem I had the port forward set with WIndows 7 with a static local IP when I upgraded to Windows 10 it changed my local IP to get a random IP instead of my static one

to set a static one you punch in your local Gateway (router) IP which in example would be like 192.168.254.254 and change the last number to a number you want higher than the number of people that connect to your router

the default gate way should be the same Local IP as your Router i.e. 192.168.254.254

subnet mask should automatically input itself and thats all you need to do with windows 10

Return to “1 / 0 magic”