[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.6.7] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Bob, now only nickel ore gives cobalt ore, not galena? Or better turn on cobalt ore?
It's all cases...
NickelFromGalena makes Galena provide nickel ore. This one works as it says.
EnableNickelOre, again, works as it says
EnableCobaltOre, Again, works as it says.
CobalFromNickel. It works as it says, allowing Nickel Ore fields to give Cobalt ore too. However, if Nickel ore fields are turned off, it instead give Cobalt from Galena.

Ideally, if you have EnableNickelOre turned on, you would turn off NickelFromGalena.

Also... Nothing in my mod requires you to have Cobalt ore (Which is why it is turned off by default), you can get Cobalt Oxide from the advanced copper processing recipe available from the Cobalt Processing research. Cobalt Oxide is used to make Lithium Ion Batteries and Cobalt plates.
LOL thanks, nice to see several types of getting resources
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question - where to use big amounts of cobalt and silver? I don't need many accumulators mk2 and don't need many solar panels? and for solder i don't need many tin not silver
May be silver cn be used in some alloys or for sensor system? I have quite a few ideas where you can use the cobalt - but may be coblat can be used for accumulators with big capacity?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Silver... has just not been in very high favor with my designs. I should use it more than I currently am. As for cobalt, that is rather a new addition, so I havn't written in a lot of uses for it yet.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Silver... has just not been in very high favor with my designs. I should use it more than I currently am. As for cobalt, that is rather a new addition, so I havn't written in a lot of uses for it yet.
Nice to hear, but sometimes game generates map this big silver deposites
May be you can use accumulators MK2 for laser rifle ammo?
Can you say may be we can produce low level accumulators by different ways? because we need iron for:
1) Belts MK1, MK2, MK3
2) Steel, steel bearings
3) Ferric solution
4) Science packs MK1 MK2 MK3
5) Accumulators
6) Invar
7) Ammo
And another... so may be we can find some advanced iron proccessing for getting more iron ore
Or may be you can add cleaning ore like in Youki mod or in dytech with his centrifuge
I have an idea that lead can reeplace iron in some chains, not for all but ma be in small counts

OZeT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OZeT »

hi Bob,

ive startet a game with all your mods but now after 15h i've encountered a little problem. I cant find any colbalt ore. So i looked it up and modified the config.lua to allow sulfur, nickel and cobaltine.
i tried removing the migration folder modifing the bobores_0.5.0.lua and executing this commands in the Factorio console with following results:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")	
Cannot Execute Command. Error: [string "remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")"]:1: Unknown interface bobores
/c game.regenerateentity("cobalt-ore")		
Cannot Execute Command. Error: [string "game.regenerateentity("cobalt-ore")"]:1: LuaGameScript doesn't contain key regerateentity.
Starting a new map with all ores works fine, but getting the ores to spawn on an already generated map (with your mod) doesent work at all (-_-')
Can you give me a hint how i can fix this issue?

Thanks,
OZeT

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

OZeT wrote:hi Bob,

ive startet a game with all your mods but now after 15h i've encountered a little problem. I cant find any colbalt ore. So i looked it up and modified the config.lua to allow sulfur, nickel and cobaltine.
i tried removing the migration folder modifing the bobores_0.5.0.lua and executing this commands in the Factorio console with following results:

/c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")	
Cannot Execute Command. Error: [string "remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")"]:1: Unknown interface bobores
/c game.regenerateentity("cobalt-ore")		
Cannot Execute Command. Error: [string "game.regenerateentity("cobalt-ore")"]:1: LuaGameScript doesn't contain key regerateentity.
Starting a new map with all ores works fine, but getting the ores to spawn on an already generated map (with your mod) doesent work at all (-_-')
Can you give me a hint how i can fix this issue?

Thanks,
OZeT
The best use is with the second line you tried to use. However, the command changed in 0.12 release. It has an underscore now.

/c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore")	
Also, you don't need cobalt ore. You need Cobalt oxide which can be made from cobalt ore if it is available, but it can also be made from the advanced copper processing recipe unlocked with cobalt research.

I plan to change the icon for the next release to make it more obvious.
I also have a Patreon.

OZeT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OZeT »

It worked just like you explained it with folowing command

Thanks a lot you saved me about 15h. And through your Mod i learned a lot of basic chemestry ;)

OZeT

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

OZeT wrote:It worked just like you explained it with folowing command

Thanks a lot you saved me about 15h. And through your Mod i learned a lot of basic chemestry ;)

OZeT
I did a lot of research for that chemistry stuff. Something to keep in mind though is that it isn't 100% real world accurate. There are some things missing in some recipes, such as Florine required in Aluminium Electrolysis, or the Lithium Perchloride, you have to make Sodium Perchloride first, but the result would be getting the same ammount of Salt (Sodium chloride) out that you put back in, with lots more water usage, and 3 extra steps. Since the process was already quite complicated, I skipped the Salt requirement and steps, and went stright from Lithium Chloride to Lithium Perchloride.
I also have a Patreon.

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

"Error while loading entity prototype 'stone' (resource): No such node (width)"

This is what pop's up after I try to run Factorio with your ores. I don't know how to fix it. :|
Any way you could help?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

AlexTheNotsogreat wrote:"Error while loading entity prototype 'stone' (resource): No such node (width)"

This is what pop's up after I try to run Factorio with your ores. I don't know how to fix it. :|
Any way you could help?
what version of factorio are you using, and what version of my mods?

look at the 2 anouncement posts at the top of the bob's mods page.
One says "[0.11.x]Bob's mods: one stop." This has all the downloads for 0.11.22, the stable. these are also mirrored in the longposts, like this one.
the other says "[0.12.x]Bob's mods: Downloads", This has all the downloads for the latest experimental release 0.12.x. These are not currently listed in these longpost topics.

If you use the wrong versions, the ores mod WILL throw that error, due to the changes from 0.11.22 and 0.12.0.
I also have a Patreon.

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thank you! I didn't notice the 12.2 download on that page. Now I can truly enjoy your mods! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Also... Nothing in my mod requires you to have Cobalt ore
Well, aside from the science pack 4s needed for rocket speed 5, needed to complete the rocket.
So, it is kinda useful. :|

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

AlexTheNotsogreat wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Also... Nothing in my mod requires you to have Cobalt ore
Well, aside from the science pack 4s needed for rocket speed 5, needed to complete the rocket.
So, it is kinda useful. :|
I'm not saying you don't need Cobalt, I'm saying you don't need Cobalt ORE. You can get Cobalt oxide from a different method, (the advanced copper smelting recipe unlocked via cobalt research, As of MCI 0.12.2 the icon now shows Copper plates and cobalt oxide) and everything in my mod that uses cobalt can be made using cobalt oxide.
I also have a Patreon.

Cheetah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.2] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Cheetah »

Dear Bob, I have a problem getting Cobaltite out of Galena. I'm using bobores0.12.2 on Factorio 0.12.4 and have tested it extensively on newly generated maps.

This config snippet from config.lua most definitely does NOT yield Cobaltite ore from Galena for me:
-- if set to true, Nickel ore fields can spawn on maps. new maps will have auto-place control options.
bobmods.ores.EnableNickelOre=false

-- if set to true, Galena ore fields will give Nickel ore as well as Lead ore.
bobmods.ores.GalenaGivesNickel=true

-- if set to true, Nickel ore fields will give Cobalt ore as well as Nickel ore.
-- if Nickel ore is disabled, but Galena gives Nickel is enabled, Galena will also give Cobalt ore.
bobmods.ores.NickelGivesCobalt=true
This setup DOES yield Nickel from Galena, but sadly, no Cobalt. If I disable Nickel from Galena, there's still no Cobalt.

I CAN toggle the ore field spawns of Nickel and Cobalt separately just fine and dandy.
I CAN get Cobalt out of Nickel fields IF I enable the Nickel ore field spawn; so that also works as it should.
In short, I can get Cobalt out of Nickel fields and Cobalt ore fields. However, no matter which combination of settings I use in the config, I never, ever get Cobalt out of Galena. (And well I can use the late-game recipe to produce oxide from copper but that's not the issue here)

Is it a compatibility issue with 12.4 or am I overlooking some other blatantly obvious factor?

At the end of this post there's an excerpt from my log and the mods I use perhaps you see an obvious conflict that I can't. In fact, I have also tried vanilla+bob and disabled everything else but it didn't magically conjure up Cobalt from Galena as I had anticipated...

Hope you can help, and cheers for your wonderful mods!
0.469 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.473 Loading mod base 0.12.4 (data.lua)
0.563 Loading mod Compression Chests 1.3.7 (data.lua)
0.622 Loading mod Electric Furnaces 1.1.0 (data.lua)
0.687 Loading mod EvoGUI 0.3.0 (data.lua)
0.742 Loading mod Landfill 2.1.5 (data.lua)
0.803 Loading mod Resource-Monitor-Mod 0.5.4 (data.lua)
0.904 Loading mod bobassembly 0.12.2 (data.lua)
0.961 Loading mod bobenemies 0.12.3 (data.lua)
1.034 Loading mod bobores 0.12.2 (data.lua)
1.211 Loading mod bobtech 0.12.2 (data.lua)
1.292 Loading mod bobplates 0.12.3 (data.lua)
1.734 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.12.2 (data.lua)
1.838 Loading mod boblogistics 0.12.3 (data.lua)
2.541 Loading mod bobmining 0.12.1 (data.lua)
2.658 Loading mod bobpower 0.12.2 (data.lua)
2.765 Loading mod bobwarfare 0.12.3 (data.lua)
3.392 Loading mod bobmodules 0.12.3 (data.lua)
3.629 Loading mod WaiTex 0.7.1 (data-updates.lua)
3.952 Loading mod bobassembly 0.12.2 (data-updates.lua)
4.106 Loading mod bobenemies 0.12.3 (data-updates.lua)
4.239 Loading mod bobores 0.12.2 (data-updates.lua)
4.373 Loading mod bobtech 0.12.2 (data-updates.lua)
4.532 Loading mod bobplates 0.12.3 (data-updates.lua)
4.700 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.12.2 (data-updates.lua)
4.836 Loading mod boblogistics 0.12.3 (data-updates.lua)
5.161 Loading mod bobmining 0.12.1 (data-updates.lua)
5.291 Loading mod bobpower 0.12.2 (data-updates.lua)
5.422 Loading mod bobwarfare 0.12.3 (data-updates.lua)
5.597 Loading mod bobmodules 0.12.3 (data-updates.lua)
5.849 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.12.2 (data-final-fixes.lua)
EDIT: some tpying erorrs

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

as a quick and maybe better fix,

you can use advanced copper processing.
this gives cobalt-something

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

if bobmods.ores.NickelGivesCobalt == true then
  if not data.raw.item["cobalt-ore"] then
    data:extend(
    {
      {
        type = "item",
        name = "cobalt-ore",
        icon = "__bobores__/graphics/icons/cobalt-ore.png",
        flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
        subgroup = "bob-ores",
        order = "f-a[cobalt-ore]",
        stack_size = 200
      },
    }
    )
  end
  if data.raw.resource["nickel-ore"] then
    table.insert(data.raw.resource["nickel-ore"].minable.results,{type="item", name="cobalt-ore", amount=1, probability = bobmods.ores.NickelCobaltRatio})
  else
    if bobmods.GalenaGivesNickel == true then
      table.insert(data.raw.resource["lead-ore"].minable.results,{type="item", name="cobalt-ore", amount=1, probability = bobmods.ores.LeadNickelRatio * bobmods.ores.NickelCobaltRatio})
    end
  end
end
This peice of code is from data.lua, and should be doing the desired effect.
I also have a Patreon.

Cheetah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cheetah »

Bob, I don't know what to say... At first glance the config/data/lead-ore.lua does indeed do seem to be correct even though I am not versed in Factorio property tags/references (yet!) or presume to be skilled enough to even make such an evaluation. But I do know enough about lua scripting to know any bad reference or syntax would have popped up in the log or it would have meant a (probably verbose) crash during boot. Either that or some code is being ignored silently which would be a whole new can of weirdness.

However, please check my screenies of a freshly generated map and see for yourself it's just not working for me despite (an apparently) proper config. In the "Expected Resources" info panel there is no Cobalt ore to be seen when I hover over the Galena. :( That information is unfortunately correct as mining it indeed does not yield any Cobalt.

Is there any way you can duplicate the issue on your end with a save of mine or perhaps there is some other sort of diagnostics I could do on my end? While leafing through the last few pages of this post I did notice some others reporting Galena was not producing Cobalt so perhaps there are more common denominators among the afflicted :? Could there be a hard coded limit of 2 yielded ores per source?

While this is not a game breaker it's still kinda annoying and gets on my OCD nerves.

Let me know if I can do anything at all.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You have another mod there, WaiTex by the look of things, that has modified the Burner Mining drill... it is possible that it has set the mining limitations to 2 ores.

By default in base game these machines have no items per cycle tag, and therefore the limit is 1 ore per field with machines (There is no reason for more than 1, due to nothing in the base game providing more than one item per resource), Bob's ores mod and Bob's mining mod both do a search for mining machines, then add the tag to mine up to 6 ores ONLY if another tag isn't found. If WaiTex adds a tag to mine up to 2 ores, my mod will not replace it.

Try mining it by hand, or using a machine that doesn't have an edited tag as anything other than base or a Bob's mod tag.
I also have a Patreon.

NorNogaAdmin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NorNogaAdmin »

if bobmods.ores.GalenaGivesNickel == true then
  if not data.raw.item["nickel-ore"] then
    {
      {
        type = "item",
        name = "nickel-ore",
        icon = "__bobores__/graphics/icons/nickel-ore.png",
        subgroup = "bob-ores",
        order = "f-a[nickel-ore]",
        stack_size = 200
      },
    }
    )
  end
  table.insert(data.raw.resource["lead-ore"].minable.results,{type="item", name="nickel-ore", amount=1, probability = bobmods.ores.LeadNickelRatio})
end

if bobmods.ores.NickelGivesCobalt == true then
  if not data.raw.item["cobalt-ore"] then
    {
      {
        type = "item",
        name = "cobalt-ore",
        icon = "__bobores__/graphics/icons/cobalt-ore.png",
        subgroup = "bob-ores",
        order = "f-a[cobalt-ore]",
        stack_size = 200
      },
    }
    )
  end
    table.insert(data.raw.resource["nickel-ore"].minable.results,{type="item", name="cobalt-ore", amount=1, probability = bobmods.ores.NickelCobaltRatio})
  else
      table.insert(data.raw.resource["lead-ore"].minable.results,{type="item", name="cobalt-ore", amount=1, probability = bobmods.ores.LeadNickelRatio * bobmods.ores.NickelCobaltRatio})
    end
  end
end
Bob, i think i see the problem here...
if you have GalenaGivesNickel enabled, you define "nickel-ore". however, your looking for no definition of nickle ore to populate lead ore

aka

else
    end
  end
Should actualy be

end
  if bobmods.GalenaGivesNickel == true and bobmods.EnableNickelOre == false then
  end
EDIT: i reread your requirements for cobalt from galena ore, and realized that i did it wrong... fixed
Last edited by NorNogaAdmin on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
00110001 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101

NorNogaAdmin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NorNogaAdmin »

i looked at the source code some more :ugeek: ...

if you change the line

for i, drill in pairs(data.raw["mining-drill"]) do
  if not drill.storage_slots then drill.storage_slots = 6 end
end
to

if not drill.storage_slots or drill.storage_slots < 6 then drill.storage_slots = 6 end
end
would that not make mods that modify drill.storage slots more compatible with your mods?

EDIT: rethinking about it, that might actually crash the game... comparing nill and 6... so that would be a different if block

if not drill.storage_slots then 
    drill.storage_slots = 6 
  else
    if drill.storage_slots < 6 then
      drill.storage_slots = 6
    end
  end
end
00110001 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101

Return to “Bob's mods”