How it all begun

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

How it all begun

Post by kovarex »

This topic I started (1 year, 7 months ago) made me start thinking about making my own game.
http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/to ... n-factory/

I hope to finish the goal and make this goal possible in factorio some day :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How it all begun

Post by ssilk »

Interesting. Made me thinking about some of my suggestions.
The picture I got in my mind, when reading (not quite understanding everything) was like from a coral, which has polyps, tasting around, looking, if there is something to eat, and if found grab it and return.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

this could have been a minecraft mod?

glad it didn't!

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

Haha! I knew your name looked familiar! We participated in the same threads here and there on the Buildcraft forum:
http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/to ... ontainers/
I remember reading your post on self-replicating factories and trying stuff out on my server (mostly unsuccessfully). :lol:
What a small world.

aussiegaylord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by aussiegaylord »

i actually found a way to do it with geting my friend to do a little bit of coding for a mistcraft/buildcraft/industrialcraft mod awhile back. it would place the quarry down as a fake player set it up to work using an auto power system that was crafted into the quarry ( taking just over 8 stacks of diamond blocks to make the system ) and would then pump it into the default ender chest. when the system was done it would teleport itself 12 blocks either north south east or west depending on what direction you sent it. unfortunately it only worked in a creative test world but it shows its actually possible

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

With some earlier version of buildcraft it was posible to make almost infinite sized factory. This was posible by making blueprint which also contained Builder block which contained another blueprint.
this was posible due to a bug present which also duplicated inventory of newly placed block by buildcraft Builder.

Othervise by using of ComputerCraft (build turtles) you can create wonders. All you have to do is program them properly.

aussiegaylord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by aussiegaylord »

SilverWarior wrote:With some earlier version of buildcraft it was posible to make almost infinite sized factory. This was posible by making blueprint which also contained Builder block which contained another blueprint.
this was posible due to a bug present which also duplicated inventory of newly placed block by buildcraft Builder.

Othervise by using of ComputerCraft (build turtles) you can create wonders. All you have to do is program them properly.
but then with useing the computercraft turtles you have to learn how to use lua or , the way i do it half the time, find working lua on the internet and download it as a program file and paste it in computercraft. but yes overall turtles are amazing

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

If it werent for ComputerCraft my knowledge of LUA would still be ZERO even thou I have quite good knowledge of programming in Objective Pascal.
Man I wish there would be some computer mod for minecraft which would alow programming using Objective Pascal syntax.

Return to “Off topic”